is street unit's manifold custom or not? NO BASHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

azian6er

Asian Law Student
:
Mazda Speed Protege #987
Hello,

this thread is dedicated to revealing the truth abou the new ********** manifold that has recently come on the market. I do not want any SU bashing or anything, just facts.

here is the manifold on SU site:
HERE

here is a picture of the top of the mnaifold here:

0001.jpg

what is circled is the 2 bolt holes that are not used for the fuel rail. The usdm protege comes with a manifold that is cast for 4 bolt holes, the usdm 2000 - 2002 626 intake manifold is only cast with 2 like in the picture

another picture of a 626 manifold for comparison:

80_1_b.JPG

this is from an obscured angle, but it seems to me that the runners look very similar to SU's manifold.

Also, Cullen from SU stated that the reason this gives gains is that it removes the vics/vcts that comes with our engines, yet the 2000-2002 626 intake mani's come without those as well (the std. emissions kind).

Please keep this thread clean, no bashing again, just facts and well thought opinions.

I am starting this thread because i dont want to clutter his for sale thread.

Thank you.

-Bryan

Last edited:
Havent you started enough of these threads? I have answered all your questions, posted pics and explained the whole process. There is no "finding" the truth. It has already been estabolished.

azian6er said:
please let us keep this thread on track.

-Bryan
Hate for somebody to be an asshole in a thread you started. You go **** up other threads and then demand yours stays on track.

fkmitsu said:
hmmmm another MAM person questioning other peoples products?

Sorry to say but this is not about MAM. Coming from me thats a lot.
Ths is about someone selling a junkyard 626 mani with minor mods to it for a 500% inflated price and writing it off as a custom manifold.

Rism said:
Sorry to say but this is not about MAM. Coming from me thats a lot.
Ths is about someone selling a junkyard 626 mani with minor mods to it for a 500% inflated price and writing it off as a custom manifold.

I already addressed you. Go to the junk yard and make one work. Then when you waste your money failing then you can apologize. I do not sell Junk Yard Parts.

guys why do u make such assholes of yourselfs. Just save the comments and mind ur neck. This is as nice as I'm going to say it SHUT THE HELL UP. If you dont like the product then dont buy it. But dont sit here and talk s*** about it without even having it.

Last edited:
hey look at that....it worked :D

msp3710 said:
guys why do u make such assholes of yourselfs. Just save the comments and mind ur neck. This is as nice as I'm going to say it SHUT THE HELL UP. If you dont like the product then dont buy it. But dont sit here and talk s*** about it without even having it.

I read a little bit of the other thread, and I didn't feel like adequate answers were provided

People just kept telling Azn to shut up, that he was just hating

I'm genuinely curious to know the origins of the mani, and if SU directly said that the mani is NOT from a 626 or other 2.0, etc., that's pretty shady

Anyways, I'm subbing for updates

what are you questioning? Are you ? that the entire manifold is custom? or that they made it work & now calling it custom? because as said before, as soon as you manipulate something to make it different than before, it at that point becomes "custom"

fkmitsu said:
what are you questioning? Are you ? that the entire manifold is custom? or that they made it work & now calling it custom? because as said before, as soon as you manipulate something to make it different than before, it at that point becomes "custom"
it's cool if they modified it, but why be so secretive about it?

so that they have something that only THEY are producing. The protege market is small so why give up a peice of it?

nate0123 said:
it's cool if they modified it, but why be so secretive about it?

pic of SU's mani notice the sharp angles:

000000.jpg

Pic of 626 manifold with same sharp angles:

329089_22_full.jpg

im just trying to find what is different

-Bryan

fkmitsu said:
so that they have something that only THEY are producing. The protege market is small so why give up a peice of it?
it's not like the answer isn't going to come out sooner or later

if it is any easy something to change like a bolt hole or something, there is no way in hell i am going to pay 550+ for it. Same goes for my fellow protege members. I dont want them to have to pay a s*** load for something they can easily do.

And as i have said before, if cullen REALLY wanted to support the community, and had a spine, instead of wanting to profit from us, his loyal companions, he would spill the beans and then develop something that was really custom, like a sheet metal manifold or something.

i dont see why im being flamed.

-Bryan

it goes the same for anything...if your company produces an exhaust system which has parts made buy you but then you use a premade Cat, Res or muffler does that still not make it custom?

fkmitsu said:
it goes the same for anything...if your company produces an exhaust system which has parts made buy you but then you use a premade Cat, Res or muffler does that still not make it custom?

MAN, THE MANIFOLDS LOOK exactly THE SAME. A bolt hole being created or destroyed is not on par with a catalytic converter.

-Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back