Is My MAZDA3 Totaled? HIT A DEER!

cristina

:
Mazda, 3, 2005
395488_10150589329393789_637683788_9135303_1909297857_n.jpg

so i hit a deer yesterday, and now i'm waiting on monday to arrive so i can actually speak to real people rather than machines. the air bags did not deploy and the engine still turns on... its a 2005 :( does it look like it may be totalled? thanks!

I would say no. Doesn't look like any frame damage, and they stuff that is damaged isn't that expensive to replace.

Nope...

But if you want it totaled, Drive it off a cliff quick and blame the deer.

Just looking at the photo, you will need a left headlight, hood, left front fender, left rear door and
upper grill, I cannot tell if the lower grill is damaged. The bumper can probably be used. I'm sure it
will need some other small parts and hardware. Car will need the old parts removed and car
inspected for additional damage.

New parts will have to be installed, bumper repaired, and about half the car prepared for paint. My
guess is 2K-3K for parts, unless you use used parts. Labor probably at least $50/hour. Paint and
materials $500-$1000. It will probably be very close to a total.

It probably will depend on the salvage value of the car. If the engine and transmission are good
your insurance company my elect to total it, turn the title over to them and run the car through
an auction. It would probably cost them less to take that route.

I'm not a body man but I haven't seen any cheap parts for newer cars. I had a car clip the right rear
of my 2008 Mazda 3 at a stoplight. Bumper and RR fender had slight dents. Cost to repair was
$1057. Tail light lens was $156.25 for parts. Paint was $208. That was over 2 years ago.

Anyway hope it works out to your satisfaction.

Clifton

Last edited:
UGH, thanks everyone for your input. i'm just going crazy until monday (tomorrow and also my BIRTHDAY) so i can start to figure out whats up. i made the claim that night and so tomorrow morning, i'm getting on it so i can have a peace of mind to tackle what's next. thanks again for responses.. ill update as soon as its calculated

A dent in my 04 the size of a volleyball was $970

I wouldn't be surprised if they totalled it. That repair is probably 6k-8k. Needs an estimate.

I would be very surprised if they considered that car totaled. It's difficult to make a guess from that picture since we can't see under the hood, but I doubt the car is a write-off unless the frame is bent.

Back