Is it worth it????? upgrading to MPS

:
2002 pro 5 and 1969 chevelle malibu
I blew my motor in my protege5 on Thursday and i am faced with what to do. I can put a stock motor in from a wrecker for $2000 unknown km. or i can get a full speed conversion for $3800 with 15000km would the extra $1800 be worth it when i do come to sale the car.

Please help i have to make the decide soon.

It's MSP not MPS. and as far as resale value goes, it will probably make the car worth less because that engine was not a factory option and the buyer isn't going to be able to be absolutley sure that the engine was put in right. but if you don't plan on selling your car anytime soon and want to enjoy some boost, then go for it. Your basically spending $1800 to boost the car witch is a damn good deal.

o and btw the mps aka mazdaspeed protege motor is the same as your p5 motor only difference is the turbo parts

Modifying a car generally decreases it's value...

Also, a speed "conversion" would be the same motor you have now but with the crappy callaway turbo kit.

I blew my motor in my protege5 on Thursday and i am faced with what to do. I can put a stock motor in from a wrecker for $2000 unknown km. or i can get a full speed conversion for $3800 with 15000km would the extra $1800 be worth it when i do come to sale the car.

Please help i have to make the decide soon.

Get as a low of a cost engine as you can and sell the car (as you're planning to anyway) ASAP. Cut your losses - don't bother with the "speed conversion" unless you can guarantee you'll recoup the money.

nothing you do with aftermarket parts, or a conversion like this will get you the money back you spent....if you do it, do it because you want it/like it etc....

Back