Is it worth getting the P5 Sports Exhaust??

kiwi

:
2005 Mazda Tribute
Guys, just checking out the options for my new P5.

Does anyone know the specs on the sports exhaust on the P5.

Does it add extra HP?

What is milage loss after fitting?

Any help appreciated!

b

Personally, i would not buy the p5 sport exhaust, simply because of the price. I found a much better one for a cheaper price than the one you can get from the dealer. I bought a Virant one for 250 Canadian and it looks much better ( in my opinion) as well as it has been through a dyno test... it "reports" an increase in 9whp, but realistically i just bough it cause it looks nice and has a nice low rumble... my car doesnt sound like a 4 cyln.

Anyways, yes it will add Hp, cimply because most of the presure is relaesed when yo buy a new muffler, but i dont htink it will be 10-15 like some people say. If i am not mistaken, there is a user on here that posted a dyno chart with the sport exhasut, and did get some hp out of it. Also, dont be fooled by tinking a catback will give you twice as much... yes, they will most likely give you an extra 1 or 2 hp, but they are not that much better than an axle back exhaust if you look at the price. But then again, to each his ow.... but dont get me wrong.. i would rather have a full stainless steel exhaust including headers and all, rather than just a bolt on axle back that i have.... but for 250 Canadian, i cant go wrong, and i have no regrets at all with the Vibrant... i will post pictures as soon as i can.

oh, by the way.. the only milage difference i noticed is when i drive my car a little harder now just to show some people the sound.. other than thati have seen no difference in mileage.

Hey thanks for the heads up. I more after "look" than the HP, but wont complain if I get more HP!! ;)

The thing is if the exhaust is dealer fitted from purchase I suppose I get the longer 3yr warranty on it.

True..... but realize that the aftermarket will most likely be 1 year, but if nothing happens to your exhaust in that year, t will most likely last just as long as the mazda sport exhaust..... there is not much that can go wrong, as long as you know how to install it (by the way, all it is is a couple of bolts and hangers) But then again, the mazda sport exhaust is not all that bad anyway... i myself think it looks nice, but i just bought mine because of the value i got from it... i payed a lot less than it retails for.

So good luck, and dont hesistate to ask us on the board for suggestions or help...

happy driving!

Zio,

thanks for the info. Do you have a picture of the exhaust you purchased and the model number?

I will see how much I can get here aftermarket

b

Here you go... i beleive the part number is either 1727, or 1747.... not too sure... just go to www.vibrantperformance.com... you can find a downloadable catalogue. the only minor problem i had was that if i turned left real hard, the exhaust would slip in the hanger since the stock hanger holes are a little bigger than the hanger on the muffler.... what i did to fix this was make sure the exhaust tip was center, then i sprayed some undercoating ont he hangers. This stiffened it up, and i have had no problems since. I have had ALOT of compliments... even from other drivers... sounds great, and does not hurt your ears at full throttle nor drone at higher speeds.... good rumble.

Hope you like it

Attachments

• exhaust2.jpg
    exhaust2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 430
nice.. looks nice..

Back home a lot of people put on a 3" pipe and a big bore system on their cars. A mate did it on his Mitsibushi GSR and it was awesome..

thanks for the info..

This one is actually a 4" flared tip... looks even better in person.... wish i had better quality pics.

ZiO said:
This one is actually a 4" flared tip... looks even better in person.... wish i had better quality pics.

I actually meant a 3" pipe from the engine!

If you're ever bored, do a search on the net for NZ used car dealers and check out the imports - real "rice rockets" or "boy racer" models shipped from Jappan fully optioned.

If I stayed in NZ I was looking to by a Sports Primeria TE from my brother or a Nissan 300ZX with the targa tops... The Mitsi GTOs were too much on the wallet when it came to fuel.

Well, I just need a letter of good standing from my bank back home and I have the financing for the car! yeah!

Bri

Uhmm, i think the sport exhaust is pimpin...

I love the sport exhaust, ive had it on for about 4 months and it is awesome. My mom took it out and said she loved it cause it felt and sounded like a sports car....Anyways good luck with the purchase....

Pics of the exhaust...
http://photos.yahoo.com/messenjah00

hey dude, thanks for the shots of the exhaust.. Definetly gonna get one installed :)

I got my MAZDASPEED Exhaust for $150 shipped. It was used (but in mint condition). I got a great deal from Rob on this website, can't thank him enough, I love it.

Yeah. I got my yellow P5 about a month ago w/ the mazdaspeed exhaust, and i love it. It gives it a nice growl and a small but noticeable power difference. BTW it looks great too!

I have had the sport exhaust on my p5 for about 8 months and love the looks and the sound. I paid around $200.00 shipped and it was worth every penny.

sundevilMP5 said:
any body have the part number for the sport exhaust??

0000-8M-C10 $195.00 + shipping from www.mazdastuff.com :D

I'm getting mine tomorrow from my local dealer for the same price.... $195 (not a bad deal.) Hope it's as nice as others state it is. Sure looks nice from the pics I've seen (I just hope it's not too loud, as I turned 40 last month and can't stand "fart pipes.") :rolleyes:

Jim

This is the best bang for the buck.. ever

If it sounds half as nice as it looks, it's a no brainer. God, it's beautiful!! Full polished SS, looks like chrome.

My local dealer gave it to me for $165... what a deal. In the WRX world, I gave over $500 for a Stromung twin tip SS axleback, and $300 for a SS Prodrive axleback. This is an absolute steal. Period!! :D

I'll take some digi-shots before I install it so ya'll can drool.... :p

Jim

The Mazda Speed part number is 0000-8M-C10.
Anyone that tells you to buy a jobber muffler is full of s***! The factory ones or Mazda ones fit right! Don't rub on your wheel and bolt straight on without cutting.

I work for a non Mazda dealership and have lots of experience with this aftermarket garbage. I work on this stuff and I spent the extra $$ on the Mazda Speed one because I like my car!

G:D

Back