interior LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine from xfeejayx yesterday. They took about three days to arrive. I installed them in about 60 minutes during my lunch break. Yeah, 60 minutes...read on.

Things started off great, the easiest ones to install were the two in the front doors. I did the vanity mirror lights next, they were also simple.

I started to get a little nervous tugging on my overhead map light housing so took a quick look at my owners manual to figure it out. A couple screws out of the way and with a little more confidence I pulled that thing down and snapped in the two blubs. After that the back overheads went in without a problem . On to the trunk! This one snapped right in after I popped of the cover. No problems.

Then I had an extra. I thought maybe it was for the license plate. Later xfeejayx told me he just sent a couple of spares. But I messed around with the license plate bulbs and figured out they are the same as the ones that go in the doors or overheads. But, I only had one spare left so I did not put it in.

So far everything is cool and all I have left are the two that go into the headlight housing. The passenger side went in fairly easy after I figured out how to pop of the rear oval cover. When I got to the driver side, my hands could not fit between the back of the headlamp and the stock airbox. I ended up pulling the airbox out to make more room.

I should have just stopped right there and waited till I was more patient. Of course I didn't and I ended up tugging off the rear oval piece and dropping the entire part down into the engine bay. FML.

After digging around in the engine bay I eventually got it back only to realize that I absolutely broke the top clip off the oval cover. I tried to rig it into place but failed. Again FML.

Overall the lights are way better than the yellow tinged ones that come stock. I am psyched. They are bright and crisp.

Thanks xfeejayx, sweet lights and a good price! And if anyone knows where I can get the headlight housing oval cover online I would appreciate a link.

Here are some pics...

010.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

011.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

014.jpg

019.jpg

027.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday and got done installing them five minutes ago. Another satisfied customer! Thanks!

-Jay

i take it.. they draw less power.. heh
i keep leaving my damn dome lite on.... by mistake.. maybe ill be more likely to see this.. then my dim bulbs.. behind my black windows...

Freejay, maybe you should shoot for a AMM status and get these sets out to more members?

CW - you should really do the home depot lip mod......

Freejay, maybe you should shoot for a AMM status and get these sets out to more members?

CW - you should really do the home depot lip mod......

AMM status?

Paypal sent.. been waiting for more than a week!

To clarify ^^, I got a payment from a random e-mail address on 11/7. Payment only had note saying 'payment for leds'. Not knowing what the forum ID was attached to that email, I e-mailed the sender the day of payment asking what LEDs they wanted (a few people have asked for a random combination of bulbs), and then emailed again 2 days letter. No response until the PM I got from her today connecting her username to her e-mail. Now I know, and bulbs will go out soon.

AMM = Approved Merchant Member........allows you to make a group buy thread and drive more interest in what youre selling.....

Mine are installed except for the license plate ones...I have the hatch and I would have to take off the whole panel just to get to them.

quick question: what are the 4 really small leds for?

Mine are installed except for the license plate ones...I have the hatch and I would have to take off the whole panel just to get to them.

quick question: what are the 4 really small leds for?

for the vanity mirrors

Just so i have this straight.

You want $20 for the full interior set, and $26 for the full interior set and headlight leds? shipped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back