I'm new to the board and just put the RX8 18"

:
2009 Mazda 3 iTouring
Well, after 2 years of wanting and wanting and wanting these damn rims I finally got them. Now that I have them, i'm not as excited as I thought I'd be once on. I was going to buy myself a Mercedes next year, but I came to terms with Madonna and we agreed that I should just run her til she runs no more and then get a new car.

Is there a way to make the car look less "beefy". I'm going to keep the tires for another 10,000/15,000 miles and then get a smaller size. Right now they are 245/45/18.

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 267
Ok, so the only time the tires rub is when there is a bump. If I take it slower then what I used to then it wont rub, but if I take it the same speed that I used to then it will hit the wall. Other then that, I've done U-Turns and it didn't rub.

Any suggestions on tires size to where it doesn't look so beefy but looks a little lowered? I've seen some Mazda 3 that look lowered with the RX8 rims.

Ok, changed my tires size to 235/40/18 already, it was eating up my gas like a mofo and using to much brakes. Too bad when I was on my way to get the new tires I hit a bump turning and hit my back fender so now a little bit is sticking out. But ya, the tires are great, a lot smaller then the 245/45/18 lol. I am still getting less fuel, but I already knew that was going to happen, but with the extra large tires it was like 1 mile per gallon. I've lost about 50 miles per tank on gas because of the wheels.

Its not surprising that your mileage changed when you ran 245/45/18 tires stock tire diameter for 205/65/16 is 24.88 in and your beefy tires were 26.66 in so you mileage was understated by approx 7.25%. The 235/40/18 tires are also understated by 2.06% which means the odometer was off when tracking mileage.

I'm running RX8 rims with 235/40/18. Mileage might depend on tires and rolling resistance because I was getting 300 miles per tank on worn Hakook ventus V12 earlier this summer. Im down to maybe 250 miles a tank with snows on the factory rims now.
I also noticed dramatically increased torque steer as the 235 tires wore down. New they were fine but at around 15k I started noticing tugging on the wheel. I like the RX8 rims though.

Back