I'm going to do it.. the p5 will be retired

protejay5 said:
sounds like a bad trade to me (dunno)

The A6 is falling apart and needs $2000+ of work .

the P5 is stick (wife wont drive stick), and the suspension is WAY too rough to ever drive my new baby with (especially with the urethane motor mounts).

The subie is comfortable and safe, and has a smooth quiet ride. For anyone of you familliar with my p5 it was not passenger friendly.

I think it's a pretty decent trade.. it's a different car for a different purpose. I'm not buying it to be fast, or agile.. i'm buying it to be reliable and comfortable.

Masshole said:
i'm going to trade in both my p5 and my a6 wagon for one of 2 new cars. I've decided that much already... there's no stopping that part...

now i just have to decide between a nicely equipped subaru forester
or a base subaru legacy wagon...

so torn.

A WRX will be my next car, wether or not it is a wagon is a question up in the air at this point.

you might wanna rethink that...

if you want your family to be safe, make sure you get a car that can get out of a hairy situation quickly. you want an agile car thats easy to maneuveur with awesome stop distance. something that can stop real quick.

alot of ppl get big ass SUV's and run em off the road or into other drivers, flip em, and god know what else. they do this because the car is a freight train for the highway. they cant manueveur/accelerate/slow down quick enough. plus they're overly top heavy.

get the turbo in the car your lookin at, someday you might wish you had that extra umph to save your family...

Masshole said:
The A6 is falling apart and needs $2000+ of work .

the P5 is stick (wife wont drive stick), and the suspension is WAY too rough to ever drive my new baby with (especially with the urethane motor mounts).

The subie is comfortable and safe, and has a smooth quiet ride. For anyone of you familliar with my p5 it was not passenger friendly.

I think it's a pretty decent trade.. it's a different car for a different purpose. I'm not buying it to be fast, or agile.. i'm buying it to be reliable and comfortable.

GreenPic said:
you might wanna rethink that...

if you want your family to be safe, make sure you get a car that can get out of a hairy situation quickly. you want an agile car thats easy to maneuveur with awesome stop distance. something that can stop real quick.

alot of ppl get big ass SUV's and run em off the road or into other drivers, flip em, and god know what else. they do this because the car is a freight train for the highway. they cant manueveur/accelerate/slow down quick enough. plus they're overly top heavy.

get the turbo in the car your lookin at, someday you might wish you had that extra umph to save your family...

I agree... i already did the suv thing once with a jeep grand cherokee. I've got to say it was the worst handling vehicle i have EVER driven. Unstable, terrible stopping distance, high COG. I'd never go back to anything like that.

As far as power goes, teh Subie has enough to get out of its own way... it's a hair quicker than my a6 wagon was: only 7HP less and a LOT lighter (lighter by about 800 lbs).

I'd never put myself into a car that I felt would be dangerously slow, and frankly the subie feels just about as quick as my p5 .

Personally, I think the volvo s40 would be an awesome family car. Voted s one of the safest cars by the institue of highway safety. Plus, they are well built inside with lots of luxury. You could also opt for the 218hp turbocharged 5 cylinder. Safe, agile, lots of power, great price. The only downside is that the name VOLVO sounds like a specific part of female anatomy. (lick)

suburbs98 said:
Personally, I think the volvo s40 would be an awesome family car. Voted s one of the safest cars by the institue of highway safety. Plus, they are well built inside with lots of luxury. You could also opt for the 218hp turbocharged 5 cylinder. Safe, agile, lots of power, great price. The only downside is that the name VOLVO sounds like a specific part of female anatomy. (lick)

I'd love to get my hands on a volvo s40; i just cant afford one.

Latest posts

Back