Im comming to Maui!

jeg0024

Banned
:
2002 22V Protege DX
Aloha. My mom just suprised me with tickets to stay with them @ their condo in Maui next month. I will be there from March 2nd to the 13th. I want to get some do's and don't from you guys because I only have a limited amount of time there and I want to make the most of it. My mom has been there pleanty of times before but I think its much better to get info from the locals:) Does anyone have suggestions as far as the best places to eat and best places to go to use my photography skillz? I know im probably gonna be stuck with my parents most of the time but I would also like to maybe meet up with some of the local mazda guys if theres anything going down while im there. Im looking foreward to hearing back from the Hawaii guys, and I can't wait 2 more weeks! lol, thanks in advance!

Haleakala...Ohelo Gulch, Hana...good eats...no clue...I haven't been there since the late 90's. I'm not sure if you can even go to Hana. The earthquake destroyed a lot of bridges and other stuff.

daKiNeP5 said:
Do you golf? Whenever I go to Maui its usually for a golf trip.

I was on my hs varsity golf team so yeah, I haven't taken the clubs out of the closet sence then though lol. Im probably gonna need a special bag if im gonna check it on the plane. Any suggestions on a good but affordable place to play a round of golf?

BeNegative said:
Haleakala...Ohelo Gulch, Hana...good eats...no clue...I haven't been there since the late 90's. I'm not sure if you can even go to Hana. The earthquake destroyed a lot of bridges and other stuff.

lol, will keep in mind. I was just wondering if there was some little place that locals go that might be kinda away from the whole tourist kinda places?

BeNegative said:
Dunno bout eats...but u def gotta try some Guri Guri and some Pineapple Wine.

Will do! Expecially sence im 21 now I can drink anything lol. My mom even said I could drink on the flight and I was like....what?...but then remebered im 21, I have to get use to it first tho lol.

jeg0024 said:
Will do! Expecially sence im 21 now I can drink anything lol. My mom even said I could drink on the flight and I was like....what?...but then remebered im 21, I have to get use to it first tho lol.

that sounded like you needed your mom's permission to drink. i think you wanted to say that she said they serve alcohol on flights

smo0f said:
that sounded like you needed your mom's permission to drink. i think you wanted to say that she said they serve alcohol on flights

well she said "you can drink all the way there" i dont need her permission anymore, I just never drank on a plane before lol.

smo0f! your not from hawaii, get outa my hawaii thread lol, i dont mind the free bumps tho lol

If you want good eats, you have to try, "Mama's Rotisserie Chicken" in Lahaina

Miques said:
If you want good eats, you have to try, "Mama's Rotisserie Chicken" in Lahaina

Sounds good, cant go wrong with chicken lol:)

Keep the suggestions comming guys, ill make sure and make a note of all these places.

ya gotta hit the beach xD maui's beaches were like on that top beaches in the world thing on travel channel i think? lol.

hehe check this out xD wikipedia FTW!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maui

kinda sucks living on the other island cause i dont know maui from experience but i know alot of people who do visit there for vacations and stuff

kura808 said:
ya gotta hit the beach xD maui's beaches were like on that top beaches in the world thing on travel channel i think? lol.

hehe check this out xD wikipedia FTW!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maui

kinda sucks living on the other island cause i dont know maui from experience but i know alot of people who do visit there for vacations and stuff

Nice read, thanks:)

I don't know how I would deal with island living, I mean sometimes its nice to get up and take a 24 hour drive and never look back lol. My mom said last time she was on Maui she only saw one P5, I told her from the looks of things there are pleanty of Proteges on the big island, I wish I could bring my car...but a rental Jeep will have to do lol.

habeansha said:
you should swim across to the big island, then you can see lava

No lava on Maui? I think we might take a helicopter tour or something, I better go buy some scratch off tickets lol.

jeg0024 said:
I was on my hs varsity golf team so yeah, I haven't taken the clubs out of the closet sence then though lol. Im probably gonna need a special bag if im gonna check it on the plane. Any suggestions on a good but affordable place to play a round of golf?

Not too sure how much a round would cost at non kamaaina price. I liked Kapalua, Makena, and Wailea. I think Waiehu is a public course so its probably cheaper but I don't remember much of that course. Haven't played there since my junior golf days.

Thats cool, I dont think ill have the money to golf anyways. My mom did get a really good price on the ticket though, but I need to find a job for 2 weeks or something so I can have some spending money.

AU RIGHT! i lived at Maui for 4 years and moved back to Oahu awhile ago, but thiers my friend Sirgio with ared p5 that works at taco bell in kahalui if you want to check him out! ok about the grinds(places to eat) go check out Da Kitchen, Tasty Crust, Cow Country Cafe and Minute Stop, dont know if Zippys is built yet?. places you must go Hana, Haleakala, Lahaina(front street), drive around Maui head(top part of the island) Big beach and little beack(NUDE BEACH) at the end of Grand Wailea, Paia. night club would only be Hapa s in Kihei. if got any more questions just ask cause Maui is like my second home.

Mahaloz

Efren

Back