If the new MSCAI is out, why is my dealer so oblivious?!

The problem started with expecting a dealership to actually be knowledgable of the products it sells.

A dealership will not be touching my car unless it's warranty work and then I'll be looking over their shoulder.

The dealership can only go off what the computer system says. If the computer says they cant get them, THEY CANT GET THEM.

Go to onlinemazdaparts.com Thats where I got mines after my dealer told me that they couldn't get any. The one I got online also came with the air flow straightener and directions for the air flow straightener. Plus the website is operated by a guy that works in a Mazda Dealership Parts Dept. So the reciept that I says I got it from a dealership. Its also much much cheaper online than what your dealership will tell you unless your dealership will price match.

Go to onlinemazdaparts.com Thats where I got mines after my dealer told me that they couldn't get any. The one I got online also came with the air flow straightener and directions for the air flow straightener. Plus the website is operated by a guy that works in a Mazda Dealership Parts Dept. So the reciept that I says I got it from a dealership. Its also much much cheaper online than what your dealership will tell you unless your dealership will price match.

Can you post a link or part number for the MSCAI please? I can't find it on the site.

Can you post a link or part number for the MSCAI please? I can't find it on the site.

Just got a reply from onlinemazdaparts.com and the part is indeed "ON HOLD PENDING CARB APPROVAL". They are not able to sell for yet another month.

Might be time for a Nano -

Just got a reply from onlinemazdaparts.com and the part is indeed "ON HOLD PENDING CARB APPROVAL". They are not able to sell for yet another month.

Might be time for a Nano -

Rats! I was just about to pick one up too. :(

We folk in Cali have to abide by the "rules." Only AEM and MS make CARB exempt intakes right now.

Great I've been waiting 2 months now. I hate mazda. With all the bulls*** I've had to deal with my last mazda3 breaking and the transmission and this mazdaspeed3, I will never buy a mazda again.

Great I've been waiting 2 months now. I hate mazda. With all the bulls*** I've had to deal with my last mazda3 breaking and the transmission and this mazdaspeed3, I will never buy a mazda again.

I know what you mean - I bought my MS3 at juuuuuust about the time they pulled the CAI from the market - even had one hanging up on display in the dealer showroom that they weren't allowed to sell me.

*sigh*

Of course, this may be the power-gods sending me a message: Telling me that SRI is the way to go...

This "they are not available" stuff from the dealers is not true. Maybe the dealer can't get one, but YOU sure can.

I'm not promoting any particular vendor, but I've had my new gen2 MSCAI for over two months and got it from SU. It's on their web site now. I'm sure there are other vendors who have it too. And it's cheaper than getting it from Mazda.

what is this "SU" vendor you speak of? I have one on backorder from onlinemazdaparts now... hopefully should be in in the next week or two....

what is this "SU" vendor you speak of? I have one on backorder from onlinemazdaparts now... hopefully should be in in the next week or two....

PM'd you since we can't post the vendor name on here.

All vendors are out of stock on the current gen MSCAI, including SU. I think Mazda allowed a few to slip into the general population before they realized it required CARB certification. Hence, any vendor can put in the order for you, but Mazda has the part on hold until at least May 1st.

All vendors are out of stock on the current gen MSCAI, including SU. I think Mazda allowed a few to slip into the general population before they realized it required CARB certification. Hence, any vendor can put in the order for you, but Mazda has the part on hold until at least May 1st.

+1. I made alot of calls today to dealers around the country. The part is on hold pending federal approval for sale. may 1st is probably extremely optimistic, the general consensus from some friends I have at some good local dealers is there is no way for anyone to put a "date" on the availiability beacuse these approval processes can take anywhere from weeks/months/years and Mazda won't know until the govt. decides to approve. I was told a minimum of 4-6 weeks from today(not my personal opinion, just what they said).

According to the dealer here (just relaying what they said, grain of salt needed) there is some moonroof windeflector that was put into the approval process 2 years ago and has yet to be approved as of today...not that it means anything but it just shows these things are very uncontrollable.

I decided to break my promise to myself and just get the AEM since its the same intake anyway..I've kept this car stock until now after 20K+ into my WRX and I really wanted the Mazda branded intake, but looks like it won't happen, worst case you can re-install the airbox for warranty.

+1. I made alot of calls today to dealers around the country. The part is on hold pending federal approval for sale. may 1st is probably extremely optimistic, the general consensus from some friends I have at some good local dealers is there is no way for anyone to put a "date" on the availiability beacuse these approval processes can take anywhere from weeks/months/years and Mazda won't know until the govt. decides to approve. I was told a minimum of 4-6 weeks from today(not my personal opinion, just what they said).

According to the dealer here (just relaying what they said, grain of salt needed) there is some moonroof windeflector that was put into the approval process 2 years ago and has yet to be approved as of today...not that it means anything but it just shows these things are very uncontrollable.

I decided to break my promise to myself and just get the AEM since its the same intake anyway..I've kept this car stock until now after 20K+ into my WRX and I really wanted the Mazda branded intake, but looks like it won't happen, worst case you can re-install the airbox for warranty.

The last date I heard was May 1st; keep your fingers crossed. I have an order pending so I'll follow up with Jason on Monday (and update this thread).

I just called corporate mazda because the dealership wouldn't cancel my order since corporate already accepted it. They said call the dealer and ask for the manager. Well I couldn't talk to the gen manager so I talked to the parts manager and I told them I had called corporate mazda and then they got all happy and cancelled it right away. Don't want to risk their all the quality service award bulls*** they have hanging on their walls. Got my 425 back and bought a gen1 off a guy who had it on for 1k miles before cobb picked him up for beta testing. Got it 150 and got my air straightener today. No more months of waiting for nothing.

Spoke with Jason and based on his conversation with the warehouse, it will be at least another 2-3 weeks. I found one in stock elsewhere so I'll be going that route. Good luck to those who are waiting it out.

Does anyone know if the MSCAI from SU is valid for the 2009 speed3 because on mazda website it says the intake is only for the 2007 and 2008 models even though everything is exactly the same, just wondering so my warranty doesnt get voided.

Back