I wrecked my Pro5! Darn it!!!

Yeah, Im a dumb ARSE!! 1sec. of looking the other way is all it took to hit the car in front of me. I can say this one thing though: Our Pro5's should have ABS STANDARD! If I had had ABS, Id been able to swerve and miss the car I hit. Can you say understeer when you lock up the brakes? I can. I ALMOST, I mean almost missed it! In fact, the only damage is to my front right corner of the car.

The front right quarter panel is gone (bent up), right headlamp is gone, the hood is pushed back 1-1.5 cm, thus preventing it from opening, and the bumper is scratched up from the impact, but it did crack where it attaches to the 1/4 panel. Whats amazing is that, aside from the damaged parts listed above, when you look at the car head on, the bumper is still on perfectly (aside from the damaged side) and centred perfectly as is the left (driver's) side of the car.

The car actually drives the same, if not better than before! :) Weird huh? My alignment was out a bit and from what I could tell the car stayed straight, although I havent really cared to pay attention to that.

Anyways, ANY of you guys here in Atlanta, GA know an awesome body shop or, are they all like dentists-crooked? My insurance co. is Progressive and Im prolly gonna go to ATC Collision Inc. (unless they are associated with an Insurance Co.) or Blalock Body Shop in Decatur as they are NOT associated with any Insurance Co.'s. Anyways, got any suggestions?

Lastly, got any ideas for replacement parts? Thinking about a carbon fibre hood but, Ive seen allot of $500 and more hoods that before long de-laminate and/or do not have any of the structural parts that the stock piece does. Also, allot of them do not have a good gloss finish. I, personally, like the look of carbon fibre and would love to replace stock parts w/ carbon so that I dont have to have them painted and save $$$. If they are the same $$$ as the stock piece(s). I know my old 99' Si could get a carbon fibre hood for it for $500 and the stock hood (unpainted) was also $500. Anyways, Thanks for the help in advance everyone!

Chris J.

Ok. So NO ONE is going to reply to gimme a little help here? Not even a LITTLE encouragement? Great! Thanks alot! I guess if I had posted whether or not I should put some "Sport20" stickers on my car, I wouldve gotten a ton of responses! Oh well...ta hell with it then! delete this post please-if any admin's even read it.

Well, if one must...

syn_lube_nut said:
Ok. So NO ONE is going to reply to gimme a little help here? Not even a LITTLE encouragement? Great! Thanks alot! I guess if I had posted whether or not I should put some "Sport20" stickers on my car, I wouldve gotten a ton of responses! Oh well...ta hell with it then! delete this post please-if any admin's even read it.
If one second (a very long time to be unfocused) was enough for you to be unable to avoid the car in front, then you were too damn close! Does the term "Assured Clear Distance" have any meaning any more? You have my condolences, but not necessarily my sympathy.
Maybe no one that visited this forum in the last day knows a good body shop that meets your requirements in the Atlanta area. Do you really think that all 3000 members tune in every day and read each and every post?

I live in atlanta/Douglasville, the only place I would probably take my car if the insurance is covering it would be to the dealership. I know alot of people have beef with them, but i have had pretty good luck with the dealerships around atlanta. the paint would match better and you could be assured that you are getting factory parts other than the ones that you want aftermarket. Just my .02 worth. Cant think of any good bodyshops around here. Hell take it anywhere if your not happy dont pay till you are, thats what my girl did with her 01 s10 when it got broke into and we took it to the dealership. There were a few things that she wasnt happy with and they knew they werent getting the ins check until it was right, and i promise they fixed it pronto while she waited. Heck its your 16-18 grand you are spending on your car though so just think about it. Good luck with whatever option you choose.
Mike

I'm just gonna say that a car without abs can stop just as fast if not faster with the right person behind the wheel. Your car not having abs didnt cause the accident, the fact that u looked away and were obviously tailgating did

note to self: keep focused!

ok, in his defense, we arent here to tell him he messed up. we are here to help him if we can. So i dont think we need to come on here and say all this stuff, he knows he made a mistake and admitted it. thats cool, we all make mistakes, so if anyone can help syn lube nut please do.
by the way, i feel for you man.

Back