How to remove side skirts

steadypimpin

:
2008 Mazda 6 i sport & 2010 Mazda 5 Touring
My wife messed up the passenger side skirt on our 2010 5 touring. I want to remove it and repaint it. Does anyone here know how to remove it?

Removing it will more than likely damage it. The clips used are designed to break away in an accident and tabs on the skirts are scored on the back so they too will break away. Your best bet is to work with skirts on the car if possible.

If you really want to remove the skirt, start by removing the screw push pin in the front wheel well. Under the car, there will be approx. 5 large circular clips that will need to be popped out. Once you have those loosened, you can then begin to remove the skirt attached to the body by some 30 other circular pop clips. If you are careful, you should be ok. Just don't force pull things and take your time.

Thanks guys. She curb checked like 3/4 of the side skirt. Its all curb rashed and looks like hell. I can see where a couple of the pop rivet pieces came undone so I gotta pop it off the reinstall it correctly anyway.

On another note, don't you hate women drivers?

Ouch. And nah, just idiots on the phone. Almost got pushed into the wall on the freeway by a guy reading his iPhone- he was completely in my lane.

Latest posts

Back