How to Remove Rear Center Seat Belt?

I have a 2010 Mazda 3. I am trying to figure out how to remove the center seat belt in the back because it gets in the way when I put the seats down. The 2 outer seat belts I am able to put to the side when the seats are down, but the center seat belt (the one that comes down over your shoulder) just gets in the way, and I can not figure out how to remove it. I have searched all over the internet and the car manual, and I can not find anything? Does anyone know how to remove it (or retract it or something)?

Un-buckle it...

The seat belt is already unbuckled, but it still lays flat against the seats when the seats are up. But when the seats are down, the seat belt (which is connected from the top of the seat near the head rest, to the bottom of the seat where the buckles are) gets in the way. I can't figure out a way to unbuckle it. There are no buttons to push or anything.

there should be a slot in the side of the seat attachment. you can slip the key into the slot and it should release the bottom connection.

there should be a slot in the side of the seat attachment. you can slip the key into the slot and it should release the bottom connection.

Thanks for replying, but I can not for the life of me find the key slot. It's such a tight space where the seat belt is attached I can't hardly see anything. But thank you! I'll try looking again, but if I can't find it it's no big deal. I'll just deal with it. Thanks!

Just wanted to make sure it was unbuckled first. There isn't a button to release the center seatbelt on these newer 3's. You'll have to unbolt it. Grasp the rear seat from the front corner and pull up, the rear seat detatches really easy. You'll know what to do from there, installation is the reverse of removal. The hooks on the rear seat slide in beneath the backrest portion, and the seat just snaps in place. PM me if you have any problems.

Last edited:
Back