How To: Racing Beat rear Sway bar on P5/ES

i actually just called a junk yard and got the msp bar with endlinks and bushings and everything for $40. then i just took off the old bar and endlinks and put the new one on. didnt get the AWR stuff (although i may in the somewhat near future just to alievate the clunking)

so, should i call awr and tell them that i need endlinks for a mazdaspeed protege sway bar and the other stuff. question: do i order the adjustable ones or do they custom make them because the mazdaspeed sway bar is a 20mm bar and not a 18 or 21.5 as awr bar is?

the endlinks work for all sizes
protege02 said:
so, should i call awr and tell them that i need endlinks for a mazdaspeed protege sway bar and the other stuff. question: do i order the adjustable ones or do they custom make them because the mazdaspeed sway bar is a 20mm bar and not a 18 or 21.5 as awr bar is?

I have an LX sedan.... and a RacingBeat sway-bar..
--Is there a difference between the LX and the MP3/MSP rear end-links? (can I re-use mine?)
--Would I only need the AWR 20mm bushings? (I dont want to bore out the stock ones)
--...are the awr bushings compatible with the stock LX brackets? or would I HAVE to buy the AWR brackets?
Thanks

Prodigy said:
I have an LX sedan.... and a RacingBeat sway-bar..
--Is there a difference between the LX and the MP3/MSP rear end-links? (can I re-use mine?)
--Would I only need the AWR 20mm bushings? (I dont want to bore out the stock ones)
--...are the awr bushings compatible with the stock LX brackets? or would I HAVE to buy the AWR brackets?
Thanks

-endlinks.... I don't know. I would assume they are the same, but I am not sure...

-bushings... AWR doesn't make a 20mm (Or they didn't when I did mine). They make a 19mm and a 21.5mm. I bought the 19mm and opened them up slightly with a dremel. If you put them on without boring the opening, it doesn't fit right...

-brackets... The AWR bushings should fit inside the LX horseshoe brackets. They did on the P5. If the LX are the same as the P5, then yes. But you will need the AWR mounting brackets. The mounting brackets mount to the subframe, and the horseshoe brackets mount to the AWR brackets...

hope this helps...

garretts77 said:
-endlinks.... I don't know. I would assume they are the same, but I am not sure...

-bushings... AWR doesn't make a 20mm (Or they didn't when I did mine). They make a 19mm and a 21.5mm. I bought the 19mm and opened them up slightly with a dremel. If you put them on without boring the opening, it doesn't fit right...

-brackets... The AWR bushings should fit inside the LX horseshoe brackets. They did on the P5. If the LX are the same as the P5, then yes. But you will need the AWR mounting brackets. The mounting brackets mount to the subframe, and the horseshoe brackets mount to the AWR brackets...

hope this helps...

The bold sentence confirmed everything.
AWR makes a 20mm bushing now. :)
Thanks man

Attachments

• bushing.JPG
    bushing.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 297
ehh... I got my mazdaspeed racingbeat exhaust installed yesterday...
and I noticed that my endlinks look about an inch shorter than my friend's msp...

meh, this sucks.. and I already ordered the 20mm bushings.. and they overcharge on shipping.

Last edited:
For future reference, AWR 20mm bushings do NOT fit the stock LX brackets.
I ended up getting MSP endlinks and boring out my stock bushings.
I just need to get some ES/P5 brackets..

this might be a stupid question, but do i have to take the rear wheels off for this install? if i dont, im definitely going to install this tomorrow after work.

nope.. just get those damn endlink nuts off (spray em with wd-40 now)
bring it to NP if you dont have time after work.. I'll toss it on for you in no time.

If I get the AWR 21.5mm sway bar kit (for my LX 2.0), do I need a new subframe?

I have purchased a set of KSport coilovers that should have the welded tab I need to attach the end links. Would a MSP subframe work then?

dbzeag said:
If I get the AWR 21.5mm sway bar kit (for my LX 2.0), do I need a new subframe? NO

I have purchased a set of KSport coilovers that should have the welded tab I need to attach the end links. Would a MSP subframe work then?
You dont need the subframe , The only difference between the two is where the sway bar bolts to . The AWR bar uses bolcks to allow you to use the LX rear subframe

macklum said:
You dont need the subframe , The only difference between the two is where the sway bar bolts to . The AWR bar uses bolcks to allow you to use the LX rear subframe
Excellent! thanks very much.

Hi, I was wondering if the "Mazdaspeed Protege 4 point rear chassis brace" of cp racing (http://www.cpracing.ca/) was doing the same thing as the rear sway bar or if it would be good to have the 2.
Thanks!

Back