How To: Racing Beat rear Sway bar on P5/ES

It's a matter of opinion I know, but I was looking to get the full setup. I know I'm gonna have to buy additional hardware to make it work, but I've got a weekend booked for this, full brake swap, short shifter and exhaust...so time and effort are not factors in my book...lol.

people where do u get that black rubber gromet that goes on the end of the endlink?

sorry guys but I dont know what to do... i am a little confused...

I have a protege5 with stock suspension. I already got tokico blues struts, tein s-tech springs and I have both (Front and rear) racing beat sway bars with MSP bushings (20mm) and MSP horseshoes brackets(20mm), but not any endlinks.

The car probably is gonna drop about 1.8 inch with my tein springs.... So my questions are:

1) Do the MSP brackets will bolt in my P5 crossmember?
2) If they do...What would be the right endlink? MSP or P5 or something else? it suppose to be longer or shorter having a lowered suspension? can anyone tell me the size?

Last edited:
Hey guys

I've read this thread from beginning to end and just want to clear up some things before I attempt to do this.

I have a 2001 Protege ES

Here's what I think I need
-RB Rear sway bar
-MSP End links
-ES bushings
-ES brackets

I bought the bar and was told the endlinks were MSP links but I wanted to be sure
The links measure out to be 6-6.5 inches. Are these the right links?
IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

I've read using the stock ES bushings opened up with the stock ES brackets is the way to go however I have Energy poly bushings that came with the bar and are the exact same size diameter wise but are longer in width. The brackets are flat and wont bolt properly to the ES. Can I use the thinner ES brackets on these bushings or would that leave too much play for it move around? This is what I mean. Also the energy bushings do not seem snug to the point that it takes little effort to spin the bushing on the bar, should it be able to do that?
IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

Hope someone can add some insight to this

Just bend the bracket ends so it bolts down. To keep the bar from sliding back and forth, there should be two metal straps on the bar to prevent any lateral movement.

So would you all recommend the poly bushings or the ES OEM ones? How bout the length on the MSP end links?

if the endlinks are only 6.5 inches long, that seems short. with the bar bolted to the subframe, and the endlinks bolted to the strut and bar, the sway bar should be roughly parallel to the ground. if the links are too short, the bar will flip and cause all sorts of crazy sh!t.

K well that messes me up was planning to swap the bars out this weekend, anyone have MSP rear end links for sale or knows where to get them for cheap?

K well that messes me up was planning to swap the bars out this weekend, anyone have MSP rear end links for sale or knows where to get them for cheap?

contact MOSI through Toprotege, they can get you the proper length you need and are local to you.

Back