HOW-TO: Install a MX-6 Rear Strut Tower Bar in a Protege5

ke20sprinter said:
I don't think anyone tried it before, but Cable43 has the GTSpec rear STB...He got the sedan rear STB by mistake and said it was totally different.

Looks as though you have some sheetmetal inbetween the strut towers (the Protege5's have just plastic panels that are in the way of the towers, that would need to be cut). If there's a way to cut some of that metal out to allow the bar to run across, maybe...(I never saw the trunk of a sedan, so I'm just guessing). The strut bolts on the top is the same in both sedans and wagons...So the bracket fits, but I can't tell what's in the way.

Does anyone have pictures of a sedan trunk without the plastic panels? Maybe we can find out.

WiL

For some reason, I thought that someone had tried and not been successful, but I couldn't find it in this thread. May be in the other thread.

PR5Matt said:
I just won a 46mm bar for a REALLY low price. I am alternately scared and excited. I hope it works.

Looks like they are trying to screw me on this dispite numerous notifications of payment recieved and item shipped. E-bay even lists it as payment recieved.

I'll keep you up to date.(rant)

PR5Matt said:
Looks like they are trying to screw me on this dispite numerous notifications of payment recieved and item shipped. E-bay even lists it as payment recieved.

Any news on the bar?

WiL

ke20sprinter said:
Any news on the bar?

WiL

I disputed. They company still gives me the run around, and E-bay will not escalate the dispute because it is under $25! Soooo, I guess it will be the Megan bar when I get the cash.

E-bay is going down hill fast...

PR5Matt said:
I disputed. They company still gives me the run around, and E-bay will not escalate the dispute because it is under $25! Soooo, I guess it will be the Megan bar when I get the cash.

E-bay is going down hill fast...

If you paid with your credit card through paypal, call your cr.card co. and see what they can do. It worked for me.

WiL

PR5Matt said:

Looks like I'm having the same type of trouble! Probably the same company. But in my case, I have sent 4 e-mails over the last 2 weeks asking for a total with shipping and have received no responce from them. They have even sent a no payment complaint to me through e-bay. The nerve of them!!!

Padre said:
Looks like I'm having the same type of trouble! Probably the same company. But in my case, I have sent 4 e-mails over the last 2 weeks asking for a total with shipping and have received no responce from them. They have even sent a no payment complaint to me through e-bay. The nerve of them!!!

I got 8 e-mails both from them and E-bay confirming payment, it was marked paid, and it was also "shipped." I called them 3 times and was put on hold 4 times for 20min or more. They say they didn't get payment. I think that they deliberately make sure the total cost with shipping is below $25 so they can take your money and E-bay won't do anything.

Markoto Auto trends is the name.

Last edited:
PR5Matt said:
I got 8 e-mails both from them and E-bay confirming payment, it was marked paid, and it was also "shipped." I called them 3 times and was put on hold 4 times for 20min or more. They say they didn't get payment. I think that they deliberately make sure the total cost with shipping is below $25 so they can take your money and E-bay won't do anything.

Marako Motorsports is the name.

Mine is from Makotoautotrends.

Padre said:

Make a dispute! If E-bay gets enough, then at least they won't let these guys be part of their site.

Back