How to: Clean your engine with seafoam!

I see. I also unplugged the EGR, no CEL yet.

not to mention the scary as intake noises of a choking car.

Last edited:
i have a queston about doing it on the brake booster line. i have a vacume block on my brake booster line that goes to my truboost,prosport boost gauge,dsm afc, and bov now can i still do it on there or should i do it on another line like the line that goes to the pcv valve instead?

i have a queston about doing it on the brake booster line. i have a vacume block on my brake booster line that goes to my truboost,prosport boost gauge,dsm afc, and bov now can i still do it on there or should i do it on another line like the line that goes to the pcv valve instead?

Can't you disconnect all that stuff temp moment?

I love seafoam It's so much fun until someone calls the fire dept cuz they think your house is on fire.

Hi,

I have just did the sea foam cleaning in my brake booster line. I have a Protege 2000 (1.6L). But now I have a problem when starting it. The car is having problem keeping 700 rpm and sometimes stop. I have to give gaz to keep it working. I am also having problem with the electronic when starting the car. So it might be because of that. Sometimes when I've been rolling with my car and then stop, I need to wait a couple of time to get enough power to start it back again.

Also, it might be because of pumping the brakes. Does I have to do it when the car is at idle or stop, anything I should know?

Anyway, if someone can help me with that, it would be much appreciated. Thx!

I just did seafoam today in my P5. She's been sick lately, she would vibrate at 500 rpms and act like she's gonna shut off. So I cleaned out the EGR valve (pain in the butt) and also today I took off the throttle body to clean the IAC (also major pain in the butt). I couldn't get the screws off to get at the IAC well, but I was still able to spray into it through the throttle.

I then used seafoam and it really did a great job on my car! The hesitation is gone, so far... but yeah, that stuff is pretty good! I'll probably do it every other oil change or so since it's so easy to do!

I just did seafoam today in my P5. She's been sick lately, she would vibrate at 500 rpms and act like she's gonna shut off. So I cleaned out the EGR valve (pain in the butt) and also today I took off the throttle body to clean the IAC (also major pain in the butt). I couldn't get the screws off to get at the IAC well, but I was still able to spray into it through the throttle.

I then used seafoam and it really did a great job on my car! The hesitation is gone, so far... but yeah, that stuff is pretty good! I'll probably do it every other oil change or so since it's so easy to do!

Glad to hear it helped, I wouldn't really over do it with the stuff though man. You really only need it when you need it, if ya know what I mean... it would be like cleaning out your EGR valve again next time you change the oil. Or something like that lol.

Yeah, very true indeed. If she acts up again, then I'll seafoam her once more...

Also, since I used about 1/3 a pint, I may want to use a little more to make sure I did a good clean. But nah, I'll just wait and see.

Yeah, very true indeed. If she acts up again, then I'll seafoam her once more...

Also, since I used about 1/3 a pint, I may want to use a little more to make sure I did a good clean. But nah, I'll just wait and see.

Putting some in your current tank of gas cant hurt, and will make sure you get the insides of the fuel injectors and all the fuel lines:)

wish i still had the video from phone. recorded all the smoke. did it around like 90k i think. smoked the hell out of my buddies nieghborhood. then for a little while after while driving id hit WOT to clean her out....looked like a jet fighter with the smoke trails. awesome stuff....works well...added to the vacuum line, the oil and gas. i think it says to use every 5,000 miles. im sure thats overkill...once every now and then should be good. and yeah this pretty much cuts as a fuel additive(cleaner).

james

^thats good, means it was clean.

I did it to a saturn the other day and we smoke screened the whole negihborhood before and after we let it soak in the engine. It was fun:)

anyone want to post any MPG improvements after seafoaming? I bought a can a few months ago, but cant seem to get the motivation up to do it, that and my neighbor keeps jinxing me saying it will run things.....what does he know? he changes tires for a living....

It says on the bottle you can't, and whats gonna happen? Its impossible to hydro-lock the motor with it. And if something does go wrong its up to sea-foam to replace your motor. Just do it man, it takes like 10 mins and if your motor is dirty its pretty cool.

true but is it up to sea foam to give me a loaner whilst my car is being fixed?
Besides, who wants to have to prove it was their product that caused the problem?
It says on the bottle you can't, and whats gonna happen? Its impossible to hydro-lock the motor with it. And if something does go wrong its up to sea-foam to replace your motor. Just do it man, it takes like 10 mins and if your motor is dirty its pretty cool.

Back