Hood dampers

:
mazda5
Anybody knows where to buy one for the 5? Also what are our other options, will the ones for the 6 and 3 fit the 5? How much. Any suggestion on a website I could look will be appreciated. thanks

I think I have a set sitting around for the 5, you're talking about the front hood right? I bough it off ebay, I think it's the same kit as the 3, I'm gonna get rid of it if you're interested, never installed, I'll check if I have it still and post pics and stuff...

And what are they?

Are you referring to lift struts (the gas charged cylinders) like the rear hatch uses to hold it open?

If you don't mind me asking where did you get them from and how much?

Got them from one of the member here for 50 CAD

And what are they?

Are you referring to lift struts (the gas charged cylinders) like the rear hatch uses to hold it open?

Yes, you may call them that but placed on the front hood to eliminate the use of the support bar. I don't have a pic of the car right now I'll try to post some pics later.

So tillyspeed81 is correct in saying you can use the same kit as the 3? I'd like to have real-world confirmation before I go and buy anything. Thanks!

I am no sure whether the one for the 3 will fit the 5 but the box that comes with my dampers says for mazda5.

These are the ones I bought from Dima

DSCN1251.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg

DSCN1253.jpg

Back