High boost FMIC BOV Relocation ideas?

lowr3y

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #659
well i have the high boost fmic kit that came with the crappy HKS bov (greddy flange). I bought a imitation Greddy Type RS bov off E-bay and now have that installed, works great! (and sounds REALLY SEXY) so no reason to flame me for that (jerkit)
SOOOO now for the problem...
I am getting a really bad stall problem when i come to a stop or push in the clutch and let the revs drop, it drops down to zero RPMs and backfires from being so rich, then either stalls out totally, or bounces revs until the ecu figures it out.
I am wondering if someone has a easy fix as to recirculate, i know i can pick up a recirculation fitting pretty cheap, but i am wondering where to recirculate to? would i have to have a pipe nipple welded on my hot pipe? i would like to stay away from doing this though cause it just looks like crap imho...

I was also wondering if a anti-stall valve may help me in my troubles?
(the fitting that attaches to the discharge side of the atmospheric bov)

ALSO, i am planning to buy a split second Air to Fuel controller from Ken @ http://Protegegarage.com as soon as i get my stimulus check in the mail from the government (thank god for a crap economy in helping me mod my baby (usa) ) would i be able to tune out the rich spots between shifts and clutch disengagements with this controller??

I know some of u will just tell me to relocate my MAF to make it after the bov, but that also looks like crap imho

Any help is appreciated in advance. PS. I love my Mazdaspeed!

l_a560ccd4a4907c9e755742126f7d1dda.jpg

l_74657147b7e5f837adb370c7e553392c.jpg

sorry the title is incorrect guys/gals i meant to say "recirculation" not "relocation"

If a mod could fix that error i would be grateful, thanks!

you can recirculate the BOV to the intake so it acts like a by pass valve. you can relocate the MAF and put it between the throttle body and BOV. or you can run the dual setup. that is where u keep the bov how it is and add a bpv back into the system (nipple off of the hot pipe --> bpv ---> nipple off of intake)

Back