hesitationnn

NigHtHaWk219

:
2007 MazdaSpeed 6
anyone ever have the issue where on hard acceleration the car stutters or hesitates?? is this my CAI? (boom02)

very common problem. Every speed6 owner has it. No one has been able to pinpoint what it is. Search the forum you'll find page after page after page about this issue...

Now that the weather has changed to cold I have hesitation under normal accelleration. Sometimes pops during wot shifting. I have CAI as well. What about guys with SRI?

My car hesitates as well especially from 5th or 6th from about 3k rpm. Its seems to happen when I dip in the throttle a little too much. If I roll into gas just a little it doesn't happen. This car really reacts to small throttle inputs.
Qwik6 I went to ur CarDomain, MAN....all I got to say is ur ride is BAD!!!!!

My car hesitates as well especially from 5th or 6th from about 3k rpm. Its seems to happen when I dip in the throttle a little too much. If I roll into gas just a little it doesn't happen. This car really reacts to small throttle inputs.
Qwik6 I went to ur CarDomain, MAN....all I got to say is ur ride is BAD!!!!!

Thanx :)

I never had it until I installed my cobb AP but I love the gains from that thing so I just live with it now...

all the stutter ext.. is is the ecu's counter measure to knock. meaning that when the ECU sees knock it pulls timing and what not thats why you feel that "stutter oer hesitation" if you have a dash hawk wityh the newest firmware uploaded you can monitor this.

also one more thing to take into consideration... MOST turbo cars all have one thing in comon they hate when you stomp on the gas when you switch into the next gear. meaning when you shift at WOT don't STOMP on the gas try easing into the gear with the throttle, if you get this right you will A.) most likely eliminate the stutter between gears and B.) gain tenths in the 1/4 mi. oh and as for just being in the gear at low RPM's (2000 -3000) if you have to accelerate just easy on and off the gas and you shouldn't stutter, if you need to accelerate faster down shift.

Last edited:
also one more thing to take into consideration... MOST turbo cars all have one thing in comon they hate when you stomp on the gas when you switch into the next gear. meaning when you shift at WOT don't STOMP on the gas try easing into the gear with the throttle, if you get this right you will A.) most likely eliminate the stutter between gears and B.) gain tenths in the 1/4 mi. oh and as for just being in the gear at low RPM's (2000 -3000) if you have to accelerate just easy on and off the gas and you shouldn't stutter, if you need to accelerate faster down shift.

If my car hadn't ever driven normal in the past I may accept this. But when I first got the car with about 26k miles on it. It never did this. I could be in 6th gear at about 2.6k rpm and dip into the throttle and it would just accelerate away. It did that for the longest. Up until the reflash and shutter valve fix. Not to mention a bid dip in the MPG.The dealer won't do anything without a check engine light which really makes me mad. What do they want? A rod through the block before they will do anything?

ok, I don't get the stutter but I have very simlilar issues with the power loss like you. Used to be able to hit the gas even at lower rpm and power away...i have to downshift now to pass on the freeway or get a "bogging" or hesitation .
I've had it into the dealer twice already and both time they said "nothing was wrong" They say no cel ...no problem.
My situation started after a shift from 2nd to neutral at a stop. I clutched in, shifted to neutral and got a jerk and heard a thud from the rear end ever since then the car does not feel agressive as it did before...all this with only 19k on the odometer...uggh

Funny, I was about to post this evening about how my installation of the Forge Motorsport by-pass-valve along with a colder set of NGK Iridium plugs (LTR71X-11) just woke-up my MS6. I had used Iridiums in my 3rd Gen RX7, and they worked miracles in that heavily modded motor....at $10 per plug, they're not cheap, but they are worth it.

Before, I had the same hesitation/stumble when you dumped throttle at steady-state speeds....especially on the highway. Plus, the car seemed really 'soft' in the lower gears.

I know I should have changed one thing at time, but having the intercooler off for the plug change, it seemed to make sense to change the BPV at the same time.

Result? No more hesitation. My suspicion is that the colder plugs helped here. And now, the throttle response is so much more 'crisp'; you never really felt the boost in 1st and 2nd gears, but now you do! It's so much more entertaining to drive.

I have a cold air intake on the way, and then will move to a DP and cat-back exhaust. Still debating on the test pipe; they do not check emissions down here as part of the inspection, so I could do it....

Back