Help with my new MSP?

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey everyone! I just got my MSP and I am very excited. Now it's sitting in my driveway, begging for a little extra speed. I was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction as to what I should do first.

Any advice is greatly apreciated.
Thanks.

Congrats and welcome. What are it's current mods?? so we can steer you better.

Congrats and welcome. What are it's current mods?? so we can steer you better.

agree that we need more info.

However, from 106k miles of driving here's what I'd suggest:
the cheap stuff:
A BOOST GAUGE - this should be #1.
I'd suggest getting a 3 pillar gauge set (monitoring is critical)
motor mounts: front at least
shifter bushings
short shifter (if you need it, I say the shifter is plenty short stock)
wastegate actuator from atp turbo
turbo timer (if you believe in them, I do)

I'd take some time to research the spendy stuff. Depending on how far you want to go and your $budget. But the stuff above is relatively cheap and I'd say somewhat necessary.

First, learn all you can about the car and turbo engines in general. Searching on here is a good start in that area. Second decide realistically what your goal is for the car and then go about putting together an action plan.

You do not need to dump a ton of money into the car to make it more enjoyable. But you can go as crazy as both your budget and imagination allow if needed.

Welcome to the forum.

The only extras right now are:
32"x10"x3" core frontmount

2.75" Aluminum Mandrel bent intercooler pipes

Turbo XS blowoff valve.

Protege5 wagon radiator, ~1 foot larger

2 flex fans, 1 is fal thinfan.

Where in virginia are you located? A exhaust will free up the most power. Motor mounts and a boost gauge are also wise money spent. Make sure the car is running at 100% before you go and buy stuff that will make the car have more power. More power in a poorly running car=FAIL.

More power in a poorly running car=FAIL.

fail.jpg

welcome to the world of hell lol, you will hate but love it at the same time. Its really a love hate relationship.

But that pic is funny but i feel gay to say but i feel really bad for the lil bugger, all he wants to do is eat some food haha.

Just remember that the forum is your friend and all your questions can be found on here.

Where in virginia are you located? A exhaust will free up the most power. Motor mounts and a boost gauge are also wise money spent. Make sure the car is running at 100% before you go and buy stuff that will make the car have more power. More power in a poorly running car=FAIL.

Yorkcounty.

Thanks again for all your help.

Back