Help me with spring shopping?

deadstock

I think i got the mod bug
Before i get to my point, yes i have searched for a few days now through the forums and it seems that everyone has different opinions with the variety of springs available for the P5 now.

The setup I will have will be along with the stock wheels (for now but will be puting 17's on in the future), tokico hp's, and a progress rear sway (coilovers are out of the question, it's a bit expensive for me and just not as practical for a daily driver most of the time). It's my daily driver, but most of us being enthusiasts, we look for performance. I'm no different. From searching on the forums, the Eibachs, Teins S-Tech, Espelir, and Goldlines seem to standout more than the others, but at the same time, it seems like there isn't one that's better than the other, that's why i need a few recommendations, please. Aesthetically, the lower the better, as long as the wheel isn't rubbing, because I still want to be able to drive a full car without any wheel rub (if possible). Most importantly, I want springs for better handling. I was researching on the Eibach Pro-Kits and overall they seem just fine, but at the same time I hear a lot of people saying that the Tein's are better overall, if I wanted a more performance-based spring.

So really, I'm still a bit confused on which spring is best for me. Seeing pictures of stock P5's with Eibachs and Teins, that's pretty much the drop I'm looking for, so I believe the Goldlines are out of the question. Any input would be awesome. Yes, i know it's a long post -_-', but i just don't want to make the wrong decision here, Thanks for reading

Last edited:
IMO the Espelir/Tokico HPs are a very good choice. Personally I am not lowered but when the day comes, this will be my choice. I have seen the setup in person on a couple of cars and it is an all around nice and even drop.

The Tein S-Techs have the higher spring rate and are linear springs whereas the Eibachs or progressive (supposed to be a better ride). I would suggest the Tein/HP setup but then again I am quite biased :)

I had the prokit/hp combo. If i did it again, I would've gone espelir/hp. The s-tech's drop was a little much for me.

Espelirs are a great combination for ride quality and performance...1.4" drop....Linear front and progressive rear, linear front gives you better turn in on corners, and progressive rear helps to soften the daily driver riding...Spring rates are like 30% stiffer than stock, and can be run for a while on the stock struts..although one of mine did start to leak oil after 12,000 miles...Matched with HP's they are a consistent ride...not boucy or stiff, just connected to the road...That's all just my opinion tho...

yeah I've heard nothing but good things about the Espelirs after searching and they seem a bit underestimated compared to the Eibach and the Teins? Now I'm just looking around where i can get a set of these, I just want to get an estimate on how much these will cost me compared to the S-Techs and the Pro-Kit which are roughly around the same price range.

Pretty much all the same prices...$200 to $220 new...pm Rishie @ AutoR&D..he's a Espelir dealer...and usually has prices that can't be beat.

Back