Help me pick a mod for Auto-X!

Jdm_Mica

:
Mazduh
I have been to two events and I'm hooked! For they peeps that run, what would be some great mods to buy that would help me in the twisties.

I have the following:
Intake/TIP
17x9 rpf1 w/235/40 direzza star specs
BC coils
Cobb rsb

I was thinking of either bracing, brakes, or saving for an AP

He and I both are trying to fight the urge to get one. . . so with that in mind, please don't poke the bears.

Must agree, though, that was a good suggestion.

David, go for slotted and drilled/dimmpled brake rotors.

Depends what class you want to be in really. Stock class, you can only do so much, like shocks, lighter wheels that are stock specs and tires close to stock.

But if you're going modded class/fun, I'd say ditch that Cobb RSB and the stiffer Hotchkies or Tri-Point bar. Get another set or pair RPF's and slap wider tires upfront.

Brakes will give you the best gains for auto-x of the mods you were thinking of.

Or man up and buy a set of R-comps and run DSP

Sorry; my post reflects my own desire to pick up a 94-97ish Miata and install a Flyin' Miata turbo kit.

I have been to two events and I'm hooked! For they peeps that run, what would be some great mods to buy that would help me in the twisties.

I have the following:
Intake/TIP
17x9 rpf1 w/235/40 direzza star specs
BC coils
Cobb rsb

I was thinking of either bracing, brakes, or saving for an AP

I was thinking more like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Have at least two of the fast guys in the club, preferably FWD peeps, ride with you.

attend your clubs autocross school

http://www.google.com/products/cata...g_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CIMBEPMCMAU#

good tire pressure gauge

Depends what class you want to be in really. Stock class, you can only do so much, like shocks, lighter wheels that are stock specs and tires close to stock.

But if you're going modded class/fun, I'd say ditch that Cobb RSB and the stiffer Hotchkies or Tri-Point bar. Get another set or pair RPF's and slap wider tires upfront.

the springs on the bc's pulled him out of stock

the springs on the bc's pulled him out of stock

But he would probably run STU with street tires and that setup where the STI and Evos dominate. DSP really isnt a great place for the MS3 either but still R-comps are fun. I think I placed 27th out of 31 in DSP in my MS3 at nationals and I drove the wheels off of it haha. Damn BMW's with 295's lol.

255/40/17 Hankook RS3s. They like to get hot, they don't need to be watered down between runs, and they just STICK.

Back