Help - hesitation/bucking in higher gears

mine does it too, stock, and modded, at the same time, 4th 5th or 6th when its running under 2500k and you step on the pedal hard it hesitates until you regulate throttle, i think its the computer stopping large quantities of fuel from entering the cylinders befor proper turbo charging boost and airflow is acheived, itll kind of just spin in place until rpms and boost are up. i would assume that an automatic engine would downshift at that point, so i usually just clutch and reclutch with a rev and it solves having to downshift back to 4th while going 60mph which could be semi violent.

i would assume that an automatic engine would downshift at that point, so i usually just clutch and reclutch with a rev and it solves having to downshift back to 4th while going 60mph which could be semi violent.

Meaning you just push the clutch in rev and back out without shifting?

And no I haven't cleaned the MAF, I only have 28k miles and haven't thought about it yet.

Well for those of you following this thread and want to know if the TSB fixed the issue then I'm sorry to say no. But also, I don't have much confidence that the TSB was performed and am about to take this matter up with MazdaUSA. I will keep you guys posted and hopefully get t his resolved soon.

Well for those of you following this thread and want to know if the TSB fixed the issue then I'm sorry to say no. But also, I don't have much confidence that the TSB was performed and am about to take this matter up with MazdaUSA. I will keep you guys posted and hopefully get t his resolved soon.

Did they just flash the PCM or did they replace the CDFP? There are different paths they can take to resolve the issue.

They told me they did both but the problem is still there.

Also I asked them too rotate my tires a while back and I figured out this weekend that they didn't. So now I'm wondering what if anything they have done.

Last time I took my car there they told me it was bad gas.

They told me they did both but the problem is still there.

Also I asked them too rotate my tires a while back and I figured out this weekend that they didn't. So now I'm wondering what if anything they have done.

Last time I took my car there they told me it was bad gas.

It sounds like a bunch of jackasses playing a guessing game instead of performing the proper procedures that Mazda bestows on their service centers. I would demand that you witness future service being done if you're going to continue to service your car there.

It sounds like a bunch of jackasses playing a guessing game instead of performing the proper procedures that Mazda bestows on their service centers. I would demand that you witness future service being done if you're going to continue to service your car there.

Well I reported this to MazdaUSA yesterday and hopefully we can get this resolved from a different dealership now.

I thought the same thing Blendercloud, just alot of guessing going on.

Had similar issues with mine. Dealer did everything to it. New High Pressure Fuel Pump, MAF, O2, reflashed a million times, told me bad gas too. I also had 2 coil packs go, replaced spark plugs, and still there was nothing. I had all other TSB's performed including the clutch replacement. After 30 some odd days, they found there was no oil pressure on the bottom half of the engine. That was the last thing they checked after all else failed, they never thought it was something that bad, and home office gave them the runaround. My service advisor and the tech both thought after the first week of doing all the work the engine just didn't seem right. The techline made them go through everything else. However, my hesitations and bucking were also accompanied by significant power loss. After all it went through, I ended up with a brand new engine and turbo. If you still have plenty of power, I doubt this is it, but have them check oil pressure as well. Just another thought. Best of luck!

Thanks,

The car doesn't seem to have as much power as it used too. I remember it being quicker than it is but I will see if they can check that as well.

Best of luck. I hope the dealership is on your side. I was lucky that my service guy took real good care of me, and would fight anything that home office tried to place blame elsewhere. They even sent a technician out to look for signs of abuse and possible mods, which I never had, the car has been bone stock from day one. If the car stays at the dealership too long, make sure you call the home office yourself to register a complaint if you start getting the runaround. Its a pain, but it was well worth it in my case.

Well after many phone calls and discussions the dealership has agreed to setup a time when I can bring my car in and a Mazda engineer will come to the dealership to take a look at the car.

I haven't had any issues since I found a gas station that carries 93 octane. I also ordered a set of Denso's for the car. Should be in tomorrow :)

PS, best of luck to you!

Well after many phone calls and discussions the dealership has agreed to setup a time when I can bring my car in and a Mazda engineer will come to the dealership to take a look at the car.

This is exactly what they did with mine. Sent the engineer out to do a thorough inspection with equipment the dealer just doesn't have. Another question for you too, has the car ever stalled randomly on you???

buy a new BOV. my stock peice was leaking tremendous amounts of boost all throughout the rpm range. thought it was my spark plugs, but it was the turbo spinning in place unable to put the power through.

This is exactly what they did with mine. Sent the engineer out to do a thorough inspection with equipment the dealer just doesn't have. Another question for you too, has the car ever stalled randomly on you???

No the car has never stalled on me luckily. I just wish the darn thing could throw a code so they can figure it out. Isn't that the point of all these computers in our cars?

No the car has never stalled on me luckily. I just wish the darn thing could throw a code so they can figure it out. Isn't that the point of all these computers in our cars?

Good luck. My car has thrown a code once through every issue. If the car is not stalling, I doubt it's the oil pressure. Hopefully the engineer will be able to shed some light on the issue.

Reading into this thread, it sounds like there are several issues that some of you are identifying as the same thing. It definitely can be a number of issues, and it's hard to identify things when people are throwing out suggestions that may not be relevant to the problem.

As a suggestion, start with the simple things. Get a tank of gas from a good gas station, run some sort of fuel treatment through. Next, check your connections on the intake side of the turbo, make sure there are no boost leaks. If that still isn't working, head to the dealer.

Back