HELP cyl 3 misfire! QUICK!!!

akhilleus said:
this is weird...!!! i dont think its the plugs and or wires/coil packs...there must be something else that may have been disturbed when u installed the cam. If u are going to change the wires though get the nology since they replace the coil packs too.

Could timing belt tentioner mess things up like this? As Kooldino stated on 1st page here, I accidentally stretched the timing belt tentioner spring. Didnt get a chance to install the new one. Greg whatcha think?

Well if the timing belt isnt tight it could explain it....be very careful cause if your timing belt breaks or slips u are in a world of trouble...we are non-interference meaning it wont destroy your engine but it will be a PITA. Also the idle thing is probably normal...when u put in more aggressive cams u will have a somewhat sloppy idle. Now i did throw a CEL one time after my cam install... it came on at WOT and i never had the code checked...but it went away and has never come back. My explanation..which has been my explanation for every cel that comes and goes is that my MIL eliminator was sent over its threshold....i know it doesnt help u but i seriously think its the timing belt...u must get that fixed ASAP, no joke.

akhilleus said:
Well if the timing belt isnt tight it could explain it....be very careful cause if your timing belt breaks or slips u are in a world of trouble...we are non-interference meaning it wont destroy your engine but it will be a PITA. Also the idle thing is probably normal...when u put in more aggressive cams u will have a somewhat sloppy idle. Now i did throw a CEL one time after my cam install... it came on at WOT and i never had the code checked...but it went away and has never come back. My explanation..which has been my explanation for every cel that comes and goes is that my MIL eliminator was sent over its threshold....i know it doesnt help u but i seriously think its the timing belt...u must get that fixed ASAP, no joke.
Greg, thanks for input. Good thing Im off from work in next 3 days and I will fix it starting tomorrow. I already have the new spring in the glove box waiting to go in.

P.S. Im at work right now, hehe.

thats what happens when u run rich... they get carbon fouled from unburnt gas(carbon deposits), btw how is your low end after the jdm cam install..?

akhilleus said:
thats what happens when u run rich... they get carbon fouled from unburnt gas(carbon deposits), btw how is your low end after the jdm cam install..?

eh, thanks for explaining.

my low end torque got a little better too.

Man this is horse s***, Im off from work today tomorrow and day after tomorrow and I cant even go to the track because its close for public. (sad1)

Aight, well today I changed the timing belt tentioner spring. Hopefully my problems will stop... (dunno)

Kooldino said:
Did your idle change?

idle is the same but shaking is not as it was before. Meaning, doesnt shake THAT much as before. (whip)

Back