Headlight bulb suggestions

Replica

SHARP TOOTH!
:
Mazda2 Touring
These stock headlights are a bit...terrible, up here in Washington where it's so damn dark at night. What's a good bulb for the stock headlight? I think they're 9003's. I looked into Silverstars but I had them in my P5 and it would eat them every 3-4 months.

For halogen, Philips Extreme Vision. For real visibility, a full retrofit

if your bulbs were blowing that often, maybe you have other problems?
Not really. Silverstars are notorious for their short bulb life. I probably went through 4-5 bulbs on my Protege5 in less than a year. Car was stock in any way that would matter to a bulb. Check out Amazon reviews on the Silverstars. Lots of complaints of gnat-like bulb life.

Yea I worked at a parts store for a while and the Silverstars are junk. I always ordered Hellas. Better lifespan.

im one of those HID assholes that put 55w 6000k HID's in my non hid reflector housing headlights =-p

I've never had Silverstars blow frequently but my cars had good ground systems. Some cars just eat bulbs period. But they are supposed to have a shorter life span. I had a set outlast 3 cars. After doing my retrofit, I dont even bat an eyelash at halogens anymore.

After debate...I too will be an asshole (probably will be june though)...really hating the halogens compared to all my other hid cars (actually put my last set from my 3 to my wife's 5 before I traded it in so I see the hid's in action every day when I drive my wifes van).

Osram Night Breaker Plus or Hella/PIAA bulbs.

powerbulbs.com has the Osrams with free international shipping!! They're not available in the states right now.

To be completely honest the reflectors on the haolgen lamp are reallllly good for HID's and ive had them in on both my current sport 1.5 and my old 1.3 and man they are so good compared to the basic halogen lol, and i dont dazzle drivers either because i fitted them correctly and they adjust correctly using the cabin adjuster :)

Chris

chris keep in mind us folks here in the states dont have cabin adjusters as its just a requirement for you crazy euro people. ;-)

Ive had Silverstars with excellent results...However, I now use Osram Rallye bulbs since around last july and couldnt be happier. Thay were suggested to me by a fellow forum member.

chris keep in mind us folks here in the states dont have cabin adjusters as its just a requirement for you crazy euro people. ;-)

Ah i see, well tbh if the goverment have their way HID's will soon be banned unless fitted by manufacturers, boooooo

Chris

^^^That's a good thing. That keeps the kids from blinding everybody with their cheap HID kits. A proper retrofit looks and performs just like, if not better than the OEMs. The 2's reflectors are terrible for HID lighting. The cutoff is erratic and not consisistent along with way too much foreground light. Plenty of glare above the cutoff and when you aim them lower you just further reduce your distance vision than you already have with the big blob of bright light 20 feet in front of the car.

to be totally honest, a land rover for example been a high car has projector lights and i still get blinded with the glare, so really it doesn't solve the problem 100% with projectors but i also have to disagree with you, ive had a few compliments on my HID's about how well they sit in the halogen lens and reflectors, i paid nearly 100 for this kit from a proper aftermarket tuning shop nearby so trust me its no cheap kit and ive also fitted it correctly :)

Back