Having trouble with Boost Gauge

1WICKED6

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Sport
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to put this in but , I'm having trouble with my STRI Boost gauge....It came with the car when I purchased it and honestly it was probably the main reason I took the red one over the white one ( well the fact that it had 80,000 fewer miles was also a reason...lol) Anyways. It works fine but every now and then it'll be working and out of nowhere it will go black and the needle glows red and just starts blinking. When I give it gas it turns back on and works fine for a little and will work fine for days and start acting up again...any ideas what this could be? Since I didnt wire it I dont know what to look for. Any help would be great..Thanks

Where would the wires be to check it? I know one is on a fuse I believe...I would think maybe a ground wire but really never knew where to look since it sits in the air vent on the drivers side

That definitely sounds like a loose ground wire issue, or there is a bit of corrosion that has built up somewhere. You'll have to trace the wiring to figure out where it has been grounded, and where the other wires go, and then clean up anything you find. No other way to do it unfortunately.

Thanks Keymaster, s*** I looked under there and holy s*** there are alot of wires coming off this thing (I guess a sending unit)....Couldnt see where the ground was attached though...going to have to look harder and take more things apart.

Latest posts

Back