H1 Bulbs Which Is the Best?

JinxKwB

:
2005 Mazda 6 i
What bulb/brand do you think is the best for the H1 Low lamps for the Mazda6? What's your favorite?

Do not buy the cheap EBay "super white" bulbs. I just tried them and they are horrible! I had them in for a month and switched back to the stockers.

IMO, you just can't beat PIAA. They cost a lot, but they are worth every penny.

I think that Silverstars have the purest white color if that is what you are looking for. But my experience with bulb life on Silverstars has not been good. Always save your receipt when you buy Silverstars. If they burn out inside of 1 year, Sylvania will replace them free of charge. And, they usually burn out inside of 1 year.

I think that Silverstars have the purest white color if that is what you are looking for. But my experience with bulb life on Silverstars has not been good. Always save your receipt when you buy Silverstars. If they burn out inside of 1 year, Sylvania will replace them free of charge. And, they usually burn out inside of 1 year.

Dont you have to send them back to them? Then I still need to buy replacements for the meantime...

So, I have decided to try and Osram silverstars. For those who dont know Osram is Sylvania's Euro side. I have been researching over and over with different bulbs and overall these seems to have a good rating. I guess the North American version that sylvania makes (silverstars also) have a blue coating on them which in turn makes them burn hotter and tend to fail more. The Osram ones do not. We will see how long they last and how much better light they give.

If they fail I guess I cant complain, I found them online for about $25 shipped. I'm sure they have the 1 year warranty, but they do not sell Osram in the US only the sylvania versions. So we will see what happens

therpmstore.com

i have these. i like em. during the day, not the best shot of the lights:
P1010028.jpg

So, I put in the Osram Silverstar H1's. they are brighter, that's for sure. Not INSANE bright, but much better than the old ones. Now we will just need to see how long they last.

So the Osram silverstars are still working great thus far. They made a HUGE difference. Very Happy so far. We will see what more time will tell.

And both my osram bulbs burned out on Chistmas Day, of all times. About 1yr total life. I put in two silverstars to replace them.

Wannabe, nice spot for a photo shoot - Harpersfield Dam - also in one of my favorite ride/drive routes (lol2) !

Back