gt3071r project...heres the goods

Pale, very nice I don't need to see #S but I sure would like to see it run! Getting to Redline with breath left is my goal also. Nice, to all involved!

UPDATE

heres my numbers....BUT I believe I had a boost leak on the dyno. Two nights ago after having violent fuel cut for 2 days in 40-45 degree temperatures.... the leak turned into a breakdown. The intercooler hose blew completely off the throttle body. I had only put about 20 miles on the car before the temps dropped the following day. So either the hose came loose parked during the night, the drive home, or I was leaking on the dyno. Plus.... I am currently running about .5-1.0 point higher on my a/fs(wot after boost hits) than what we tuned for. this would lead tyou to believe..... boost leak!!!

After reattaching it.... SECURELY!!!. My fuel cut was gone and the car was considerably faster than it had been the day it came off the dyno. Its evrything I had hoped.... and more. Its frightening. Ive been driving it hard the last two days.... VERY hard. No problems with the engine.

Car is at 18 psi... no boost leaks. Running fine. Fuel added low, pulled high. Timing advanced 1 degree up top. Ive got endless discussion on the other board. But heres the graphs of the original dyno session done last friday.

I hope to get new graphs up next week. We still have work to do. Im posting these dynos, but I do not consider them indicative of the power Im currently making

Also consider this dyno is notoriously low. I have made 10-20whp more on the other dyno in town. Derek88, my buddy here, made 248whp on his peak run with mscai, racepipe and an iced intercooler on the same dyno. He was lower before we iced it.

fwiw....our cars are at about 3100rpms at 50mph..... 6000rpms at 95. We were running it right up to the rev limiter. Sorry I have speed instead of rpms in the a/fs.

bigturbodynos.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait for the new stuff. I'm really glad you're taking such a cautious approach with this new snail. I have high hopes for the new graphs.

ahso......damn, we if you could get a higher res image? I wanna rub this in my s2000 loving friends face.

ahso......damn, we if you could get a higher res image? I wanna rub this in my s2000 loving friends face.

dude... wait till I dyno again. I had a boost leak with this one. I'll give you a dyno over 350whp, when I get back on. I gaurantee it. It'll be within the week.

Wow the A/F in these cars are crazy! Once the reflashes come out you should be able to tune it even better to keep the a/f above 10.5.

That is a good looking piece of work being accomplished here. Congratulations to you Palerider and your partners in a crime. The #350 is a bit more than I would like, but absolutely awesome that it is being done. And shared on our forum. Thanks and keep the reports coming in. It is sure a pleasure to read that folks are getting these buggies to really get along.

Weeks up, where's that dyno?

How exactly did you do your vacuum/solenoid, etc.

I have my Standback V2 sitting next to me, I want to be sure on avcuum routing before I install this thing. I also want to know if its safe to install it zerod out, for a week.. got the 3" MAF on there, before I hit the dyno next week for tuning.

Weeks up, where's that dyno?

How exactly did you do your vacuum/solenoid, etc.

I have my Standback V2 sitting next to me, I want to be sure on avcuum routing before I install this thing. I also want to know if its safe to install it zerod out, for a week.. got the 3" MAF on there, before I hit the dyno next week for tuning.

man Ive got endless posts on all this stuff at the other forum where you are a vendor.. search my last 3-4 threads. Every issue you mentioned is discussed in depth...lol

Im pretty much done here... other than farting around. I got burned last week thanks to bulls***..... cost me 300 bucks. I just cant have the same discussion on three forums. Its rediculous that we cant all get together on one forum and really share info. im at the stage now where I need people to speak FREELY. Im gonna blow my engine up if guys cant speak their mind, or link to other places. How can you not link when this community is so damn split to begin with? Theres like 6 damn sites and I cant be on all of them.... WE HAVE to have links. Its bulls*** to me.... and it drives more people away from here than it "shields".

For all the loyal 24/7 crowd.... Im at 323whp right now. The car as it stands is good for 20-30 more on the other dyno in town with some tweaking.....

Last edited:
Im pretty much done here... other than farting around. I got burned last week thanks to bulls***..... cost me 300 bucks. I just cant have the same discussion on three forums. Its rediculous that we cant all get together on one forum and really share info. im at the stage now where I need people to speak FREELY. Im gonna blow my engine up if guys cant speak their mind, or link to other places. How can you not link when this community is so damn split to begin with? Theres like 6 damn sites and I cant be on all of them.... WE HAVE to have links. Its bulls*** to me.... and it drives more people away from here than it "shields".
Agreed. I like the people here and the content, but the cloak and dagger/hear no evil speak no evil horse s***, has about got me ready to leave. Ive been spending more and more time on the other forum, and in a few weeks when i learn to navigate that ridiculous interface, i may not be back. Im tired of missing out on important information because if the no link rule. I would have never made an account over there if i could just have been linked to their information. Brilliant.

man Ive got endless posts on all this stuff at the other forum where you are a vendor.. search my last 3-4 threads. Every issue you mentioned is discussed in depth...lol

For all the loyal 24/7 crowd.... Im at 323whp right now. The car as it stands is good for 20-30 more on the other dyno in town with some tweaking.....

You might be able to make a little more hp from cooling with a bigger core fmic ;) ... just my opinion ... lol

Back