gt3071r project...heres the goods

palerider

:
mazdaspeed3 black mica
Hey guys... alot of you have been wondering how things are going on the car so heres the thread to catch everyone up. Most of my posting is on the new forum but to all my friends over here and for props to PG for some awesome parts, deals, and 6 months of advice to a noob...lol... Im gonna update here as well.

My car is going from "heavily modded"... to "much more heavily modded" Im in the process of a gt3071r, PG manifold, atp inlet, cpe standback V2 install/upgrade. The car will be done imminently but Im heading out of town for a week and figured Id post some pics for everyone to chew on.... until I get dynos and impressions up.

Thanks to Derek88, and enganear for the pics. We all met at my shop today and had a great time over the car. Hope you all enjoy.

manifolddp.jpg

topviewmanifold.jpg

undercar1.jpg

undercarturbo2.jpg

turbo.jpg

HPIM0965.jpg

HPIM0966.jpg

HPIM0967.jpg

HPIM0968.jpg

HPIM0969.jpg

HPIM0970.jpg

Last edited:
Whats the hose Crimped off for?

I am just curious because we do that when tuning my bike on the dyno so the Emisions Stuff cant alter the A/F mix.

Just curious what you have going on there with your hose.

Whats the hose Crimped off for?

I am just curious because we do that when tuning my bike on the dyno so the Emisions Stuff cant alter the A/F mix.

Just curious what you have going on there with your hose.

I think its a line to the turbo... maybe coolant/ oil or something. I dont do my installs. Professionals do all my work...lol I just hang out there mostly.

Im excited about the cpe v2... its got variable boost control and secondary fueling capability. Im all ready planning a second fuel rail/ injectors if needed.... well... it will need it:) Theres a guy running 450hp in FL with a custom work done on the fuel system.... its the route I'll have to go as well I suppose. This setup Im hoping for 350-380whp..... we'll see.

Last edited:
Ahh, that's exactly what I'm looking into doing once Cobb gets their s*** together and launches the AP. Are you running the stock bottom end for this build? Because I'm looking to do the exact same set up, but with Arias pistons and Pauter rods to cover my ass when I increase the boost.

Also, do you think our stock springs and retainers can cover 400whp? It seems like we don't have a single option when it comes to headwork on the DISI engines, and if we do, please fill me in!

Yeah..your right..Its probably a coolant line if you are/were swapping turbos.
Saves from draining the systems and losing The Antifreeze.
Just saves money and time all around.

yes sir they are both coolant lines. I drank lots of coolant, it doesn't taste good, when I disconnected the lines from under the car. I decided to start fresh with oil and coolant on the install, why not?

Anywho, Randy's car is going to be a beast, I can't wait to see the numbers too. It'll help me make decisions on my car as well. I won't steal his thunder though.

Congrats on the progress Randy! While you're out of town me and Mark may be chatting on the phone a bit :D I can't wait to see numbers, and TUNED numbers, for all of the upgrades!

I have not touched the motor yet. Im on the fence about it. I think Id like to see what the car can do like this first... If it blows than I'll build a new motor... clutch... fuel... turn up the boost...level 3 time then.

I'll put props to my tuner. He tunes all Darrell Coxs srts... the fastest neons and caliber in the country. They'll be doing the fuel when it comes time. His website if you want a monster..

http://www.turbotuneusltd.com/

His name is Mark Riley. He is a prick if you waste his time...lol But by the time were done he might be worth the investment for the bigtime builds... weve done 70-80 dynos already. He is really getting to know the car.

I have not touched the motor yet. Im on the fence about it. I think Id like to see what the car can do like this first... If it blows than I'll build a new motor... clutch... fuel... turn up the boost...level 3 time then.

not a bad route there... although blowing the motor could result in a busted up head which equals more $$$$. I have to replace the entire long block for my car. oh well. Definitely new clutch going in at the time.

While Im at it I'll post some pics from the outside, taken this fall. The CB is Derek88s car.

HPIM0916.jpg

HPIM0917.jpg

HPIM0918.jpg

And interior..... still my favorite mod to date..lol

My Autometer Nexus gauges with custom gauge pod... the remote control and datalogging module is in the glove box

HPIM0928.jpg

HPIM0929.jpg

Last edited:
lol! the last 4 #'s on your license plate are the same #'s as the last 4 of my sn #

Hott looking car btw!

looks great randy, well put together indeed. can't wait to see you break some axles with that monster torque ;) j/k

Back