Ground Control Coilovers HELP!

DeadGeneration

Contributor
:
'04 RX8
What up?

I haven't been on the boards in long time, and I haven't been underneath my car in longer.

I installed some Ground Control Coilovers like 3 years ago. I want a smoother ride. I know they are adjustable, but would it really make that much difference? I also have tokico illuminas and those are adjustable.

I wish I had more information on what my current settings are, it's been hella long since I installed them.

I am also planning to get some tires with a higher comfort rating. Right now I have Geforces.

Could I use a different spring on the Ground Control Coilovers?

I don't really want to go the route of spending another grand to get a different suspension.

Thanks in advance!

no u cant use a different spring unless u contact Ground Control and ask them to make u one with a softer spring rate
they are only height adjustable, u cant adjust the dampening, but since u have the illuminas u can just turn them all to 1 if u want a smoother ride

but they are going to be bouncy no matter what, i have them and i just got use to it

no u cant use a different spring unless u contact Ground Control and ask them to make u one with a softer spring rate
they are only height adjustable, u cant adjust the dampening, but since u have the illuminas u can just turn them all to 1 if u want a smoother ride

but they are going to be bouncy no matter what, i have them and i just got use to it

so... if you don't know what you're talking about, there's no need to answer.

With the ground controls, you can use any 2.5" ID spring. From any source. If you want to know what rates you've got, just get the part numbers off of the springs and call GC, they'll let you know what the specs on the springs are and you can adjust from there.

so... if you don't know what you're talking about, there's no need to answer.

With the ground controls, you can use any 2.5" ID spring. From any source. If you want to know what rates you've got, just get the part numbers off of the springs and call GC, they'll let you know what the specs on the springs are and you can adjust from there.

yes i now that, but he made it seem like he was asking if he could use any regular spring which isnt the case, and i have only seen like 2, 2.5" ID springs, the Eibachs that come with the ground controls and skunk2's

yes i now that, but he made it seem like he was asking if he could use any regular spring which isnt the case, and i have only seen like 2, 2.5" ID springs, the Eibachs that come with the ground controls and skunk2's

Yes Eibach and Skunk are 2 manufacturers.
As are Sprint...
and Hyperco...
and QA1...
and AFCO...
and Swift...
and...

So:

is wrong... I mean you could, but it would be 1 of the more expensive ways to go...

Last edited:
Back