Grey'd out feature now in INFOTAINMENT system

fotograzio

:
2014 Maz
I noticed after updating my maps and software on my 2014 Mazda3 hatchback that MAZDA disabled the wifi features that I could use by hotspotting my phone into the infotainment system to do local searching and gather traffic and weather information that enhanced the GPS.

I contacted Mazda Connect and was told that this was a trial optional feature. All online. wifi, and local searching menu options are now grayed out on the INFOTAINMENT system. I pay $10 a month with T-mobile to HOTSPOT my Galaxy S3 to connect to the INFOTAINMENT system and now it's gone because Mazda may be wanting to make money in a subscription service. Mazda Connect said it's unclear whether Mazda will bring this connectivity back or if they may negotiate with some third party company to bring these options back. The sad part to all this is I have a $150 portable Garmin auto GPS that can give me FREE traffic and weather and local searching, but my new MAZDA3 Infotainment state of the art INFOTAINMENT system can't.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I bought the car with this feature and now it's removed by Mazda .The INFOTAINMENT system has now lost an important technological application. If enough Mazda3 owners demand they get back what they paid for, perhaps they will and bring back the connectivity. Don't talk to your dealership agents about this, they were totally clueless when I found out. Call MAZDA at 800-430-0153 and tell them this is unacceptable.

Back