GP Light Weight Protege pulleys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have the weights for you on Monday. The scale was acting up and was not giving the acurate number. I used another scale and found that ours was messed up. The Protege ALT stock pulley weights 165 grams and the light weight one is 55 grams (not the 65G is showed). So I'll be weighting the water pump on Monday and posting it's info.
The next batch or Protege ALT pulleys will be a few weeks after this run is done. This is the order in which parts are going to be made in with some updates.
ALT- Done and shipped
Water pump - in production and shipping late this week
Power steering - prints being made as will be testing it next week.
Crank pulley - In testing now. Going to redesign it with something really cool...No more info on this.
Cam gears - prints done, prototype being made for testing.

My friend is coming by next week with his MZ6 so I can make light weight pulleys for that too. So I expect to have those running in the next week or 2.

I have several people ask me if I would make billet aluminum powersteering and master brake cylinder caps. If I can get atleast 20 people then I will make those to.
i'm in, more bling!(alright)

Brach,
will you post in here if you have extra 'slots'?

Slot?? If you are wanting a water pump pulley, you do not have to wait. Just send in your payment to the info posted on the first page. The list of people are to help me figure out how many to make. It does not mean they have to buy. Also there are some people who do not want there name on the list, so they just send in there paypal and get one. Right now there are 30 Water pump pulleys left. So place you order if you want one. The ALT pulleys are all gone at this time.

Last edited:
Slot?? If you are wanting a water pump pulley, you do not have to wait. Just send in your payment to the info posted on the first page.

Done. Thanks!

Brach said:
The ALT pulleys are all gone at this time.

Will you post here when the next batch is available?

Last edited:
I have several people ask me if I would make billet aluminum powersteering and master brake cylinder caps. If I can get atleast 20 people then I will make those to.
I would be interested in both of those, especially br mstr cyl.

I shut down the Ebay fload gates from excepting payments until I count how many are left. So give me a few while I check to see how many are left.

subbin...and to comment on the one very important post that has been ignored so many times...DO NOT POST THAT YOU PAID! NO ONE BUT BRACH CARES IF YOU PAID AND HE WILL KNOW VIA PAYPAL!

subbin...and to comment on the one very important post that has been ignored so many times...DO NOT POST THAT YOU PAID! NO ONE BUT BRACH CARES IF YOU PAID AND HE WILL KNOW VIA PAYPAL!
;).....thanks for the reminder pal!!

so the people who are paid for their pulley...are they shippped to them...??

The ALT pulleys left yesterday and the remaing will leave tomorrow. The Canada orders take more time due to customs forms. I only have 9 left to ship off and those are Canada people.

what pulley are we on, to many post to read thru.

Only a hand full left. Paypal is closed right now because so many people have paid that I did not want it to go over and then be issuing refunds. I'll open it back up tomorrow to the last few that are left.

I'm guessing on Tuesday people will start getting there orders and everyone except the canadians will have theirs by Friday. Please do not post in this thread when you get your order. There is a thread already started in the reveiws section for you to post in.

Last edited:
Only a hand full left. Paypal is closed right now because so many people have paid that I did not want it to go over and then be issuing refunds. I'll open it back up tomorrow to the last few that are left.

I'm guessing on Tuesday people will start getting there orders and everyone except the canadians will have theirs by Friday. Please do not post in this thread when you get your order. There is a thread already started in the reveiws section for you to post in.
which one r we on, water pump

which one r we on, water pump

Water pump. ALT pulleys are done and shipped. Water pump pulleys are made and will get there last tumbling touch on monday and then off to anodize. There are only a few WP pulleys left. I will be taking those last few spots tomorrow afternnon. I will be starting production on the PS pulley this week.

I have been talking with the engineer on the PS pulley and am going over to his house to drink a few and talk about the design. I want it where even the most novice guy can do it at home without messing it up. Since the PS is a pressed on fit the pulley will be 2pc. The first piece will be a small steel piece that you will heat up then press on. You can heat it up by putting it in the oven at 400* for about 15 minutes. Then it will slide right on. Once cooled down it will close up .002 - .003 and be a super tight fit. Then from there you will bolt the aluminum pulley on and way you go. Very easy and simple to do right at home. I will go more into that once one is done and tested.
The PS pulley will be around $60 shipped.
I am going to make a Poll on the design for you guys to pick the one you like better. That will be up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back