GOT 2RBO MS3 Build Thread

seems pretty sick so far!! let me know how the turbo xs stealth back and racing beat cbe combo sounds!! i want the rb cbe so bad!!

Much needed update, alot has changed on the car, here is everything I can remember off the top of my head and also a list of what I have on order/en-route, new pictures at the first of October as all the new parts come in and get installed. Going for the HellaFlush look while retaining driveability and handling:

-Current Mod List:

Performance/Under Hood Appearance:
-COBB SF SRI
-Turbo Smart BPV
-H&R Springs
-Turbo XS Downpipe
-Turbo XS Race-pipe
-Racing Beat Catback with main muffler removed, dual tips removed, and 3" N1 titanium tip muffler welded on end with slight slant
-Medieval Turbo Inlet
-Denso Iridium 1-step colder plugs
-Street Unit 3.25" Top Mount Intercooler
-Street Unit Boost Tubes
-Cobb AP Stage 2+ 93 octane v1.05
-TMW Short Shifter
-TMW Aluminum Shifter Bushings
-S.U. Anodized Blue Billet Oil Cap, Power Steering cap, Washer fluid cap
-TRZ Polyurethane Rear Motor Mount

Exterior/Appearance:
-35% Tint
-JDM Tow Hook
-JDM Goodie Window Visors
-Satin Black Front Grill
-Street Unit Black Front and Rear Mazda emblems
-Full De-badge
-shaved side moldings
-blacked out rear reflectors
-Smoked LED Turn Signals
-Lamin-X Ice Blue Fogs
-PartPlaza Color Matched Eye lids
-18x8.5 Rota SVN Hyperblack +48 offset
-Muteki Neo-Chrome Lugs
-Nexen N3000 235/40/18
-black calipers
-Chrome Front and Rear Turn Signal Bulbs
-6k hid bulbs
-8k high beam bulbs

-Interior
-Steering Wheel-Mounted Autometer Boost Gauge with Red LED Wedge Base Bulb to match interior lights
-Hyperwhite LEDS (dome light/map lights)
-Pioneer12" Sub with ported box and Sony Xplode 800 watt amp
-TWM Big Type R Shift Knob in Stainless Steel
-Chrome AXELA badge on dash trim
-Cobb AP Mounted on universal cell phone holder to left of steering wheel at eye level

Upcoming Mods:
-g2 gold brake caliper kit
-red metallic stickers for calipers
-rotorpro front and rear slotted/drilled rotors with hawk pads
-Koni Yellow Sport Struts/Shocks (going stiff in rear to accomodate wider wheels)
-10mm hub centric wheel spacers (bumping 18x8.5" wheels from +48 to 38+, fenders already rolled)
-Cobb Rear sway bar
-AWR adjustable end links
-color matched shark fin antenna
-Corksport High Flow Cat Test Pipe (also removing muffler and putting racing beat dual tips back on)
-Caradvanced 7" Touch Screen Navigation headunit

Mod Wants

Exterior
-Nextmod Black Re-amemiya Spoiler Lip
-Black Shark Fin Antenna
-Black Vinyl 2-Tone Roof
-DG black Front Lip

Interior
-Redline Goods E-brake and arm rest boots to match stock interior
-cardavanced 7 inch touch screen navigation headunit
-SU black banner on B-Pillar

Performance/Underhood (all accents polished and blue)
-Hood Struts
-CDFP Fuel Pump Internals Upgrade v2
-Corksport High Flow Cat Test Pipe
-billet 3 strut covers mirror polished

Last edited:
Received/Ordered and waiting to arrive:
-Rally Armor UR Mud flaps with blue logo
-Gold G2 brake caliper kit
-BC Coilovers
-Stoptech Slotted Rotors (F&R)
-Black Stoptech brake caliper stickers (F&R)
-Hawk HPS Brake Pads (F&R)

Next week ordering:
-Cobb RSB
-AWR Adjustable Endlinks
-Wheel Spacers

Planning to install everything next friday, hoping to have pics very shortly after! :)

FINALLLLLLLLLLY I can actually update this thread with pics, I know I have been whoring these quite a bit, but I am proud of my car. Everything on it is quality and done with precision :)

Enjoy!

100_0107.jpg

100_0131.jpg

100_0133.jpg

100_0145-1.jpg

100_0125.jpg

100_0106.jpg

100_0140-1.jpg

100_0130.jpg

100_0138-1.jpg

100_0148.jpg

100_0127-1.jpg

100_0151.jpg

Update: 2 weeks ago I had the Rota's removed and transferred the Nexen tires to the OEM wheels and mounted them. The paint on the Rota's went to hell, so I am doing something about it. 2 weeks from Saturday I am meeting my powdercoater half way to drop off the wheels, and I'll let this picture do the talking :) :

RE30magblue.jpg

Yes...that's magnesium blue! After the wheels are finished, I am having a set of 215/40/18 BF Goodrich KDW's installed. I am going slightly smaller on the tire and stretching it a hair so I can slap some 10mm spacers on and get a more flush look. I also have my racing beat dual tips and a 3" straight through turbo Magnaflow muffler getting installed next week. Having the big can removed. I also have a Nextmod spoiler extension sitting with the muffler. Last weekend i installed matching 6k hid fog light kit and did the home depot garage door sealer front lip. I have a few other tricks up my sleeve when I have the spoiler lip painted, and everything will be installed once the wheels are returned!! Keep posted for updates...those who care.

Update: 2 weeks ago I had the Rota's removed and transferred the Nexen tires to the OEM wheels and mounted them. The paint on the Rota's went to hell...

So the original paint on the Rota's went to hell? Or did you paint the Rota's yourself? Just curious cuz I was thinking about getting "Rota Torque" wheels. They're only $750 a set which i thought was reasonable but if the paint is s*** then forget it.

thanks.

Nope, I am still here...hardly anyone replies to my thread, so I don't post on it much. Yeah, rota's paint is DECENT, but on my batch of wheels, they chipped up from rocks and stuff, so I had them powdercoated magnesium blue.

0506101915.jpg

here is better grill pictures:

0426101924.jpg

0411001111-1.jpg

Alright, I need to start keeping this thread up more. Here is my latest updates:

Thanks to Lara's God-like Photoshop skills, she came up with the following (this is not my car, this is speed3driver's)

MMBoost_XXR.jpg

I ordered the wheels today along with the following:
-spacers
-hub-rings
-5k hid bulbs for headlights
-4.5k hid kit for fogs
-lamin-x blue foglight overlays
-denso itv22 spark plugs
-carbon fiber mirror covers
-carbon fiber valve stem mazdaspeed caps
-Dr. Colorchip paint fix kit
-chrome turn signal surrounds (will be sanded and painted black like the ones street unit offers)

Basically did a bunch of smaller accent type stuff, things I have been wanting to do for a while. I haven't touched the car since I bought and installed my CX Racing FMIC back in August, and since I sold my blue wheels back in November. The wedding and new house has taken all mah moniez!Q!1!11!!1

Next up, I will be ordering 215-40-18 BFG KDW 2's, going with a bit of a baby stretch (18x8.5 wheels), but nothing extreme. Then will be lowering the car even more, and dialing in everything. When it warms up, it will be getting some paint work done. Repainting both the upper and lower grills black, along with 2-toning the roof, and re-doing my spoiler. It should all be coming together soon!!!

Thanks Lara again for all the photoshop help. In the end, your last one was the wheels I went with :)

shew, I haven't updated this in a while. In terms of updates, don't have too many, except for in that last photoshop in my previous post, the wheels that I had ordered were on backorder for months, so I cancelled the order and got a different set of wheels.

And now, those wheels will be sold on September 9th, and I will be purchasing a new set of wheels (black) then, and doing a handful of other little things. I will update more then.

where did u get the back lip on your speed looks awsome i would love to have one on mine

when are you gonna update us!? saw your car out front of logans saturday and had to pull into the lot so i could drool all over my window at it! hands down best looking speed 3 in existence.

Back