Goodbye Ms6

Jay, Charlie didn't get flamed for his Kia mainly because he didn't try to compare it to his MS6. He just laid it out simply for all to see, and went on about his business.

I absolutely agree, Steve. I complimented Charlie on his choice. I'm just saying that, on the surface, it's kinda funny that we would be more accepting of a Kia over a Honda.

-Jay

What matters is that you like the choice. Personally, I'm looking to buy a used honda myself. What differs is that mine will be a rwd two door.

I absolutely agree, Steve. I complimented Charlie on his choice. I'm just saying that, on the surface, it's kinda funny that we would be more accepting of a Kia over a Honda.

-Jay

Exactly, we're on the same page. I read that a while back and I oddly like the styling, just not what I'd be in the market for.

What matters is that you like the choice. Personally, I'm looking to buy a used honda myself. What differs is that mine will be a rwd two door.

I agree here too. You gotta live with it, not us. I just hope that the OP did his research before jumping on it, since that car is a can of worms if you don't know what you're getting into. I think most people on here let him know what the important points were.

Personally, my next car will be RWD and have 8 cylinders.

And it's not like the Forte Koup is a direct competitor for the ms6. They are in different categories. One's Japanese and the other's Korean. It's not like they're both Japanese. Duh!

Guess no one noticed, but I was kidding about that. Do you hate the honda yet? I just want to know your impression of it.

I've been reading over this thread for a few days now and i've been trying really really hard to refrain from letting a bomb off but i'm about to burst so a picture is worth a thousand words, here's two thousand! This is my friend's civic and this is what happens when you drive down the highway lol. Enjoy the Mugen, I hope it has a better frame and axlework in the back.

IMG00037-20091018-1620.jpg

IMG00035-20091018-1518.jpg

PS. We had to get it towed out of there, and as it went up on the truck it got ALOT WORSE. I'm working on getting the video uploaded as well.

Jeez...

I know Civic fans are keen on adjusting their camber, but this is ridiculous!

-Jay

What would anyone think would happen to a thread posting about going from a MS6 (30k+ performance sedan) to an over priced, under powered economy car that charges 12k for 2k worth of parts? I am surprised though at how civil it has stayed really. I expected this thread to get NASTY fast! Good job everyone at refraining from posting what is really going on in your minds.

my friend actually has the mugen. its a pretty fun car, and the rally clutch on it is ridiculous compared to the ms6. the interior is where I like the mugen, I find it very comfortable, even though I'm 6'3". For a daily driver, I think I would have preferred the muegen over the sp6 just for its easier drivability and gas mileage. speed is alright, I'm not big into racing so it doesnt really affect me. and its not a half bad looking car

I am surprised though at how civil it has stayed really. I expected this thread to get NASTY fast! Good job everyone at refraining from posting what is really going on in your minds.

Why should the guy get flamed, really? He bought a car he is happy with and wanted. I really don't get the big deal why people are getting all over this guy? It isn't your money he spent, it is his. SO let it be. Seriously, the hell is wrong with you guys..? People need to lighten up.

Why should the guy get flamed, really? He bought a car he is happy with and wanted. I really don't get the big deal why people are getting all over this guy? It isn't your money he spent, it is his. SO let it be. Seriously, the hell is wrong with you guys..? People need to lighten up.

yeah...seriously, it's his car if he likes it that's all that matters.

always loved the SI blue color. that's about it.
Have fun with your mugen, im sure youll miss your ms6 in no time flat! :D

I actually kinda like the regular Si sedan...I just don't think Mugen did that car any favors. That spoiler would look much more at home on a Cobalt SS S/C or SRT-4. I've always considered Hondas to be a little too dignified to sport bodywork like this. IMO, the money should've been spent on pulling more horses out of that sweet V-TEC.

I'll also say that I'm VERY surprised at how well the changes I made were received on here. I kinda expected the more opinionated members to gas up their flame guns on the whole MS6 -> Kia Forte subject, but it was actually very nice. That may be because my car lacks the Mugen treatment, but that's just speculation.

What is important is that you like your new car and you feel you made a good choice. If those feelings exist, you did well. I love my new car, and am a bit more relaxed now that I don't have turbo seals, VVT TSBs, and rear diff mounts to worry about.

Back