Goodbye Ms6

LOL, Civic Si is FWD as is the MS6 is AWD. Good one:eek:

Not necessarily. I had a FWD car that was a champ in the snow. It did have passive rear wheel steering, though. I'm sure it's not going to be as good as having the AWD, but there are different levels of how much a FWD car sucks in the snow.

ya i dont even know how to drive and i did a 14.2 in my ms6 lol and you can get a tune/headers/intake/exhaust and acouple other power mods and still only run a mid 14 while ours stock can run a mid-high 13 easy

For $30k+ new, the Mugen Si gets upgraded suspension, wheels and mugen body accessories. Worth it? I'd say no. But used with only 3200 miles for $23k, that's not bad. If anything, you could buy a Si Sedan with the factory lips for $13-14k with like 50k miles.

I wouldn't doubt the Mugen Si handles a little better than a stock MS6. But if you compare the two, all the MS6 really has is more power, awd, trunk space and interior. Both cars will have their problems if you're not lucky.

You are a prime example of why nobody should drink the water in Minnesota

C'mon SON! what are you thinking! get that m/s 6 back. looks like your taking off from an airport landing strip...

I've been lurking this thread for a while and figured I'd throw in my two cents... (Read: "...I thought I'd pile on the Mugen guy like everyone else...")

The two things I find very interesting:

1. It's normal for a car to depreciate as soon as it's driven off the lot, but to depreciate 25% after only 2,300 miles? Good golly. That just goes to show how overpriced they are at $30k.

2. Has anyone else noticed that Charlie didn't get nearly as much flack for switching to a friggin' KIA?!

-Jay

I've been lurking this thread for a while and figured I'd throw in my two cents... (Read: "...I thought I'd pile on the Mugen guy like everyone else...")

1. It's normal for a car to depreciate as soon as it's driven off the lot, but to depreciate 25% after only 2,300 miles? Good golly. That just goes to show how overpriced they are at $30k.

2. Has anyone else noticed that Charlie didn't get nearly as much flack for switching to a friggin' KIA?!

-Jay

Whoa whoa whoa, hyundia and kia make some nice cars now. Better than before.

And it's not like the Forte Koup is a direct competitor for the ms6. They are in different categories. One's Japanese and the other's Korean. It's not like they're both Japanese. Duh!

-Jay

Meh I don't think speed 6's are in any position to argue about depreciation values. Sad but true.

Meh I don't think speed 6's are in any position to argue about depreciation values. Sad but true.

I'd agree. Only difference is that depreciation took a used speed6 from a good deal to a great deal!

Depreciation takes a Mugen SI from "what are you kidding me!" to "How much again for this bodykit?"

But all in all, as long as the buyer happy with the purchase, it's all that matters. I think it's a competent car, just not my cup of tea.

Depreciation for the MS6 isn't nearly as bad as a regular Mazda 6. KBB Still retails my MS6 for around 16-17K. Not like i need to trade or sell the MS6. Bought mine new in June of 06 and paid off in Sept 07. MS6 has been paid off for 2years now, and have title in hand(yes)

If i ever was to trade my MS6 in. It would be a upgrade, not a downgrade! If money was an issue than i could understand the TS problem. Other than that, like everyone else said though.

I don't think the MS6 should depreciate that much though. I always thought the Mazdaspeed name would keep the car from depreciating. If it does, oh well

C'MON GUYS WE ALL KNOW HE MADE A MISTAKE, MAYBE HE LIKES FWD, 2.0L (non turbo), 6500-7500rpm iV-TEC CRACKIN' POWER, PEOPLE THINKING YOU COULD TAKE FLIGHT @ ANY SECOND(the wing is seriously huge), BUYING $5000 ALARMS, AND GOING TO THE DEALERSHIP EVERY WEEK TO BUY NEW BADGES CAUSE SOME IDIOT THOUGHT THEY WOULD LOOK BADASS ON HIS 89' CIVIC DX!

J/K MAN I HAVE NOTHING BUT <3 FOR HONDAS BUT THERE JUST TO MANY THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT WHILE OWNING ONE, ESPECIALLY ONE AS NICE AS YOURS! CONGRATS!!!!!

yeah... the civic is very cool but the MS6 vas so a great car that its very sad that we wont be able to have the next generation in canada... I think that the car is now powered by and new generation of ford engines. Its an 3.5L twin turbo ''ecoboost'' and a gread 350hp for a car that is supposed to drink gaz like a V6 normal.

yeah... the civic is very cool but the MS6 vas so a great car that its very sad that we wont be able to have the next generation in canada... I think that the car is now powered by and new generation of ford engines. Its an 3.5L twin turbo ''ecoboost'' and a gread 350hp for a car that is supposed to drink gaz like a V6 normal.

Too bad nobody is going to get that, especially with Ford and Mazda separating themselves more, as well as Mazda building two totally different 6's on differing platforms.

I didnt know that there 2 MS6 platform in the world

No, not 2 MS6 platforms, 2 MAZDA 6 platforms. The JDM/EUDM car is the same size as the first-gen, while the USDM is slightly larger and rides on a different platform than the others. There is not going to be a second gen Speed6. Search the threads about it, you'll find out why.

Was it the taillights you didn't like on the ms6? Because someone must have swapped those before you bought it.

Was it the taillights you didn't like on the ms6? Because someone must have swapped those before you bought it.

He pulled them and put the MS6 tails up for sale in the marketplace.

As for the depreciation, yes, this car got soaked with incentives and rebates after they stopped making them and the MS3 came out, so they could get them off their lots and make way for the '08s and the upcoming '09 6. Dealers didn't want to sell them at the end, because they sat on them. I ended up paying $20k OTD for mine brand new, and it's still worth about $15k now. Hardly a drop when you consider what I paid for it.

Hate to say it, but for a lot of reasons, that Mugen is going to be more trouble than its worth. That car will attract a lot of unwanted attention, be a theft magnet, and a huge liability to you now. On top of that, you came on here and acted like you went from the MS6 to a Ferrari, when, if you compare everything about these cars, you clearly went backwards in every category except bling factor and fuel economy, both of which you didn't point out in your original post. You can say 'I love the MS6 blah blah blah' but the damage is done already.

Jay, Charlie didn't get flamed for his Kia mainly because he didn't try to compare it to his MS6. He just laid it out simply for all to see, and went on about his business.

Again, if I had to buy an Si, I would have got the 2 door, then got the HFP kit and a nice set of wheels, along with the AP and an intake/exhaust, and been done. These cars are NO MORE RELIABLE than a Mazda or Ford.

Latest posts

Back