Going Turbo, By Summer of 07

I got an MPI for sale if you decide to go piggyback, I had it on my car and just went full standalone fuel control. Just PM me or check my FS thread.

redpr5 said:
hey gmalatrasi, hows the front lip comin along?

Check the last post on the thread for details but I was unable to get a spot in the machine shop to carve it out, now I'm home for the holidays.
When I get back to school I'll get a spot in the lab as soon as I can to get the prototype milled. I'll update the thread when I have any news.

Are there ways to make your automatic transmission stronger?

Check this company out, Lentech automatics, it's the only company I know of that makes auto parts that are stronger, If you have the $$, they have a ATX thats good to 400whp!

wouldnt it be low compression?
All of the 1999-2003 protege 2.0's (ecxept FS-ZE) have 9.0:1 compression, even the MSP.

so your telling me that i can use premium fuel, but my engine really wont be able to take advantage of it?

Premuim fuel doesn't give you more power by itself, but it does allow you to run more timing and/or boost which will help you make more power safer. Octane is just a rating of gasolines ability to resist self detonation.
for more info on octane: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question90.htm

Hope this helps.

therefore running a turbo creates high compression.!
Yes it does, however it doesn't affect the compression ratio, which is what you want to keep low for a turbocharged vehicle to avoid detonation.

Thekid760 said:
Check this company out, Lentech automatics, it's the only company I know of that makes auto parts that are stronger, If you have the $$, they have a ATX thats good to 400whp!

All of the 1999-2003 protege 2.0's (ecxept FS-ZE) have 9.0:1 compression, even the MSP.

Premuim fuel doesn't give you more power by itself, but it does allow you to run more timing and/or boost which will help you make more power safer. Octane is just a rating of gasolines ability to resist self detonation.
for more info on octane: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question90.htm

Hope this helps.

I'll have to look into that thanks!

Thekid760 said:
Yes it does, however it doesn't affect the compression ratio, which is what you want to keep low for a turbocharged vehicle to avoid detonation.
Anywhere did I say high compression ratio? I said premium gas is needed due to the high compression. That is a factual statement.

"msp is high compression due to the turbo"

Matthew1785 said:
And i think i would be the only Turbo'ed MP5 in Illinois as well.

nope :D

there have been three that i can speak of to date; mine, chicagop5's (sold) and willkill's

Matthew1785 said:
so whats the added amt of horsepower if i push 5-6 PSI

that depends alot on what you are putting into the kit - size of turbo, intercooler vs non intercooled, ems or fuel control, etc etc etc. ballpark figure i would say 50whp more well tuned.

Just let me know if you need any help with anything. You are right down the street and i love to help out. I know the car pretty well also cause I just did a turbo swap on my MSP this summer. If you have any other lengthy questions you are welcome to PM me and get my # and i would be glad to chat with you about your project. Also Ken is a good guy to know.

Matthew1785 said:
so whats the added amt of horsepower if i push 5-6 PSI

Captain KRM P5 said:
that depends alot on what you are putting into the kit - size of turbo, intercooler vs non intercooled, ems or fuel control, etc etc etc. ballpark figure i would say 50whp more well tuned.

Dude i just called you. No answer FTL.

Blackrose said:
Just let me know if you need any help with anything. You are right down the street and i love to help out. I know the car pretty well also cause I just did a turbo swap on my MSP this summer. If you have any other lengthy questions you are welcome to PM me and get my # and i would be glad to chat with you about your project. Also Ken is a good guy to know.

oh trust me I will, I will also need your help when I purchase new springs, I'm going to need help installing them.

Matthew1785 said:
oh trust me I will, I will also need your help when I purchase new springs, I'm going to need help installing them.

Sweet your buying pizza. Aurilios is awsome.

Matthew1785 said:

ok I was being nice. There is much better out there when it comes to stuffed/pan. But they are not too bad. I can settle for a coke and a smile...lol

Blackrose said:
ok I was being nice. There is much better out there when it comes to stuffed/pan. But they are not too bad. I can settle for a coke and a smile...lol

I wasn't blahing to buying the pizza, just not a fan of aurilo's lets go for something like papa johns, btw lets get together sometime and we can chill and talk about what I want to do to this car maybe early january I'm going to consult with litle beavis too once he's done studying for his finals

sounds good to me. Just let me know.

Matthew1785 said:
I wasn't blahing to buying the pizza, just not a fan of aurilo's lets go for something like papa johns, btw lets get together sometime and we can chill and talk about what I want to do to this car maybe early january I'm going to consult with litle beavis too once he's done studying for his finals

Back