*GI* Kartboy shifter with bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 Protege/P5 in stock along with bushings

please order from the website

thank you!

Last edited:
anyone have any comments about how well this performs? any pics of setups? just wanting to get a better picture of what i'll maybe be purchasing

here's my old setup

I really liked teh Kartboy SS.

dcp_0552.jpg

I am considering one of these but I have had nothing but problems with my heat shield...am I going to have to cut/bend/remove my shield in order to ensure proper clearance on my P5? Thanks!
Jonathan

you've gotta bend it more. I have it on my car and the first time I didn't bend it enough. Just work with it a little more and it'll be fine

I am considering one of these but I have had nothing but problems with my heat shield...am I going to have to cut/bend/remove my shield in order to ensure proper clearance on my P5? Thanks!
Jonathan

I took mine off. I live in Arizona where heat "can" be an issue. I removed the heatshield in 2004 and haven't had an issue yet.

I've heard some people say that removing the shield allows the bushings to heat up in some situations and makes the shifter really hard to shift...I would like to just tear it out, but I don't want to end up needing to reinstall it...that would totally suck.

I took mine out in 2004 and have made it through several 115 degree summers in Phoenix. The kartboy bushings are awesome.

install question

Stupid question...the bend of the shifter goes toward the back of the car, correct? The only install info I can find is on the TWM website. Also, are most of you greasing the bushings, or not...if so, how exactly are you greasing them? Thanks...the install is tomorrow! :D

It does go towards the back. You can follow the TWM install almost word for word. You don't grease the bushings. Enjoy the shifter!

Stupid question...the bend of the shifter goes toward the back of the car, correct? The only install info I can find is on the TWM website. Also, are most of you greasing the bushings, or not...if so, how exactly are you greasing them? Thanks...the install is tomorrow! :D

I didn't think they were weighted...I would definitely pick up one of those if I could find it, but I've heard great things about the Greddy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back