Getting to the fogs?

servoeyes

Ok...I'm asking this in here because it applies specifically to the MSP (but also to the P5). I want to change the fog bulbs...got a bunch of silverstars on sale and changed the headlights already, but need to change the fogs. Anyone know how in the world to get back there?

derrick1623 said:
ok, i don't think this is on here, but the headlights are,so...here we go.
first, get under the front of your car, then look up towards the back of the fog light. you will see a single nut holding the fog light onto a bracket. take that and two washers off.
ok, now get out from under there(you grease monkey)...and pull the fog light out as far as you can, it dont come out far, be careful.
alright, you'll need either an offset screwdriver, or a ratchet and phillips bit. remove the two screws that hold the assembly together. pop out the glass part, and move the spring out of the way. unplug the wire ging from the bulb to the harness, and replace the bulb. ok, now put it back together, and got to the other side...CONGRATULATIONS, you've just changed your very own fog light bulbs.

And you get the prize, Vic. Thanks...I was in a big hurry to go pick up dinner for my family so I didn't even think to search.

you want to savor this post and ***** it up or should I just delete the thread? :D

Where did you get them on sale?? I know Advance has a sale right now but they don't stock an H3 in Silverstars.

Last edited:
HAHA (he said in his closest imitation of a pirate's voice)...but my Advance actually *did* have them! I was really surprised. they had all the headlights on one side, and then I turned around and the other side of the aisle had the H3s and a bunch of interior replacement lights and fuses. Didn't have a purple bulb for the trunk though! ARGH!

let's leave it for now
i'm pretty sure that u're not the only one who is interested in changing fog bulbs ;)

Back