Gangstagangsta Build time!!

It is the signature series mani. Definitely one of the most unique components to this build. Do you know anyone else running one?

I don't know anyone who runs one. It's a nice looking piece though, I remember when he was showing them off on the other mazda forum a year or two ago. One thing that bugged me is that it not a true twin scroll manifold. I haven't seen anyone build a proper manifold for the protege with cylinders 1-4 and 2-3 paired on either side of a divided t3 flange. That would be the best setup in my opinion.

What turbo is going on there?

Quick update

Got the motor in this weekend. Going to start the harness tuck and plug everything in. Car has been sitting, at this point, for over a year. Flushing the fuel is the next step but I am waiting for my Perrin fuel rail to get in before I start that process. It was easier getting it in then it was getting it out.
FXrv55Gm.jpg

Excellent work man, you have a lot more persistence than most MSP owners. It took me 5 months to finish my project zoom zoom boom msp and it was worth every second.

Excellent work man, you have a lot more persistence than most MSP owners. It took me 5 months to finish my project zoom zoom boom msp and it was worth every second.

HAHAHAHA "Persistence" is definitely the right word. I think I might rename the car. Persistence has a nice ring to it.

Did you have to fabricate a bracket to mount the 1.8 coils on the side of the head or is there a hole that will work?

Did you have to fabricate a bracket to mount the 1.8 coils on the side of the head or is there a hole that will work?

I made my own bracket to mount the coils and used a threaded hole on the water sleeve that use to have a giant bracket. I got rid of the bracket and had a nice mounting location for my coil packs.

Looks good, I installed that setup on my friend's MSP and didn't like how the coils sat right on top of the turbo manifold.

Back