Fuse Box Wire Questions

mazp5

What i am trying to do is hook up an amp with speaker level inputs to my stock head unit without pulling out the console cause i do not want to break it. I want to run a 12V wire to a 5VDC relay that detects speaker voltage, which therefore activates the relay and sends 12V to turn on the amp.

Does anybody know what color the Radio wire is on the back of the fuse box OR the color of the Ignition wire is OR any other 12V power supply line near the steering column that comes on with the ignition so that i can turn on the amp.

mazp5 said:
What i am trying to do is hook up an amp with speaker level inputs to my stock head unit without pulling out the console cause i do not want to break it. I want to run a 12V wire to a 5VDC relay that detects speaker voltage, which therefore activates the relay and sends 12V to turn on the amp.

Does anybody know what color the Radio wire is on the back of the fuse box OR the color of the Ignition wire is OR any other 12V power supply line near the steering column that comes on with the ignition so that i can turn on the amp.

first off...welcome to the club....

I just did a similar install....

you say you want to NOT remove your console. so where do you intend to run your speaker wires TO AND FROM your amp? where are you mounting your amp? keep in mind, that if you do not keep your power lead (from the battery) and your speaker wires seperated you are VERY likely going to end up with some alternator whine in your speakers.

NOW...as far as removing the console....what you can do is what I did....I ran my wires through my console...but did NOT remove it...all I did was to remove the cup holder and shifter bezel and the E brake bezel and there was more than enough room to reach through and work without removing the whole console...

as for the hot turn ON/OFF lead for the amp....well while you are in the dash connecting wires to the speaker leads....(of course this is for a 3rd gen) just tap the PINK/BLACK wire that is the acc. lead to the deck....works like a champ.

Back