FS: Fully Built Motor & Fully Built Cylinder Head + More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok yea find out if you can for me. I'm gonna go wash the car and do a couple other thing's. I'll PM you a little later today or the latest tomorrow.

The p5 head came off a blown motor I think. so I'd probably just be better off buying new stuff.

I don't think you can just pop new caps on... You'll need to get new caps and have the journals align-honed.

I have put new caps on a head that had 30k before with no issues.

Generally because the head is aluminum, the cam will just wear new journals into the caps by itself, since it's steel. This however can lead to the destruction of both cams and journals. I think you got lucky. It's best to align-hone them.

Well thanks for all the info. The head will cost me 300 more or less to get it line bored so I will get it done in a week or 2. Until then I'm willin to take offers on it. If it havn't sold by then I will have it back at the same price when the work is done.

Last edited:
Shyt. yeah um I'm not trying to buy this if it's gonna break or I'm gonna have problem's. Damn.

I Guess keep me updated.

Shyt. yeah um I'm not trying to buy this if it's gonna break or I'm gonna have problem's. Damn.

I Guess keep me updated.

Will do. Not going to sell it with any issues. Spoke to a local machine shop today and we are going to match the stock cams & new caps to do the line bore. They will let me know how it turns out in about a week or so.

If I have to spend more than 300 I will remove the parts & sell them. then giveaway the head. that really sucks oh well.

If I have to spend more than 300 I will remove the parts & sell them. then giveaway the head. that really sucks oh well.

Aright, well I hope you don't. I want this built head and can pay it off in payment's no more than 2-3 month's.

This will add a ton of power to my car.

Parting with the head. Don't have the time to spend on this. Make a good offer + shipping & its urs... Need cam caps & machining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back