Status
Not open for further replies.

ChopstickHero

zoom zoom, eh?
Contributor
:
2003 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2000 Miata
Mods: i'll post proper pics soon!

Hey everybody, I'm moving back to Toronto, Canada (back to the muthaland!!) and it's easier if I sell my car here and then buy a new one back home.

Background:
I bought it used with about 45,000 miles on it from Redlands Mazda in May of 2005. From the dealer, he said the previous owner just used it to commute to work on the highway. I just passed 90,000 miles this passed weekend. I drive about 5 miles to and from work everyday, so in the past 3.5 yrs that I had the car, I put on about 12,800 miles per year.... not too much in my eyes (i used to drive 21,000+ miles per year when I had my P5). So most of these miles are from highway driving, a few road trips, and easy commute to work. It's never been in an accident, clean title, and I have the title in hand (car is paid off). Interior of the car is pretty much perfect. No rips, tears, scratches, or anything weird. The LSD snapped back in January 2006, but it was promptly replaced with a welded Mazdaspeed LSD and got the Exedy Stage 1 clutch put in, as well as a resurfaced flywheel (all work was done at Redlands Mazda). Other than that, it has not given me any problems, runs reliably! I still get about 27-28 mpg daily and definitely 30+ mpg if I'm doing a lot of highway. This is my baby, and it's hard for me to even sell this. :(

The good:
Unichip EMS (recently retuned, but not running electronic boost controller), stock boost 6 psi
Mazdaspeed welded LSD
Exedy Stage 1 clutch
Turbohoses SMIC (prob the best SMIC on the market)
Turbohoses hardpipes (version 1)
Turbohoses silicone couplers and clamps (solid, never ever slipped off)
SLS 2.5" midpipe with cat and new O2 Bosch sensor
Injen CAI
GTSPEC orange ladder bar
Greddy turbo timer
Kumho ASX 215/45/17 tires (installed March 2007)
B&M short shifter
Kartboy shifter bushings
Bronzeoil shifter bushings
Custom SMIC water sprayer
AWR side motor mount inserts
RR-Racing front motor mount inserts
Centric blank coated rotors
Posiquiet ceramic brake pads
Valvoline synthetic DOT3 brake fluid
Stewart Warner 30 vac - 15 psi boost gauge
Stewart Warner AF gauge
Autometer dual gauge pillar pod
Trunk cargo net
Pioneer Premier DEH-770MP
NGK PZFR7F-11
Mobil1 10w-30 motor oil (high mileage blend) every 5000 miles
Purolator PureONE oil filter (Mazda 626 bigger size)
RoyalPurple 75w90 tranny fluid (shifts great!)
Greddy stickers on the rear quarter windows
MOCC sticker on rear window (the best mod ever!) :icon_wink:

The not so good (which is not that bad for a car with 90K):
The front bumper could use some touch up/repaint. Nothing bad, but just driving on the highway a lot means there's a lot of little rock chips... pretty much unavoidable. The rear bumper has three little nicks on it. One is paint scuff that could probably be buffed out, but I put my orange suicide cone sticker on it. :) The doors are relatively ding free, there is two small ones that I can think of, but nothing major. The paint itself on the rest of the body is still good, the black mica shines through nicely. But being a black car (and like every other car) it has some swirl marks. But these can be taken care of by a professional. The wheels are original and do have some curbage (I swear I have never curbed these rims, they are all from the previous owner!!) One of the fogs is cracked, but does not let water in, it still works fine. The sub or amp in the rear either has a loose connection or something wrong with the amp. It still puts out bass, but I can't control it with my Pioneer deck. I haven't taken the time to investigate further.

Pictures:
IMG_7985-vi.jpg

IMG_8202-vi.jpg

IMG_7962-vi.jpg

Price:
SOLD

I should be moving in early October, so this has to go soon (probably best time would be towards the end of September). I'm not parting out and don't really plan to (but if you add up the totals of what I've spent, it's probably more than $3000 worth of mods there). I still have a bunch of stock parts (mostly intake tract stuff), so the buyer will get those too if they want them.

So tell your friends and your mom about it. PM me if there is interest in buying. Since I'm out in Redlands, I'm willing to drive out to meet a serious potential buyer (within reason, like 30 mins or so).

Thanks!

Mike

Last edited:
Bring the car back With you it would one of the nicest pros out here ....and GL with the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back