FS: 1998 Mazda Protege DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JZProwler

:
2002.5 VW Jetta GLi
Okay, so, I'll throw this up here.
I want to sell my '98 Protege DX 1.5L
Problem being: It has had a MIL for the past year and change, its for a cylinder 4 misfire, which is being caused by the intake valves not seating right, when its cold. I diagnosed it myself, the whole compression check, then leakdown. You can audibly hear it when its cold, and you can feel a loss of power, but once it warms up, she seems to run fine.
SO sale of this car will also need a signed peice of paper stating you are aware that the car will not pass an emissions test.
Onto the less depressing, and depreciating things =)

The car is in shoreline CT, but I'm willing to travel within reasonable distance if there is a serious offer/interest

I replaced pretty much every front end component last year, on top of a new clutch, and used transmission(had about 60k on it when I threw it in)
so it has new
balljoints
tierod ends
wheel bearings
axles
clutch
rotors + pads on the front
I machined the rear drums and they still feel fine, pads had enough life on them when i checked to leave them be.

The real good news:
I still get between 35-40 MPG highway when i drive conservatively.
Its a 12 gallon tank, and generally can get between 300-400 miles per tank, sometimes more than 400, again depends on where i let the RPM's rest =)
It has a dyno proven 79whp, and 82ft lbs of torque...so by no means is this a powerful machine, but it will definitley get you around

It has its dings and dents here and there, there are two 'larger' sized dents in the drives door because of some (insert expletive) that opened his door right into mine. and there are a decent amount of rock chips on the hood.

To my knowledge the car has not been in an accident, I have owned it for about 4 years now, and the only issue i had was the tired pulling out of the garage and turning too soon, ripping off the front bumper.

The car drives and tracks fine, at least i think so, dont get a chance to drive much else.

For mods, i have
1st Gen LX wheels painted black ( it was awhile ago, they could use some freshening)
KYB GR-2s and some stiffer springs, which also lowered the car 1"-2" I dont recall the brand though, no problems, They have been on about 2.5 years now
20% tint on the rears, and 40% on the sides, so it is legal in CT at least
LX cluster (means theres a Tachometer) w/ overlays
Pioneer head unit (MP3 CD readable + XM ready, i also have the XM set up installed now, if you want it or not...$12.00/month)
JDM Tail lights
JDM Headlights
JDM crystal turn signals
I also began painting the interior peices black, never finished. it doesn't look bad, but you know how painting interiors go.

The JDM peices are real, not just some clear turn signals...these have the 'official' bump on the side =)

I'm not looking for much. with the JDM goodies I'll ask $1,500 OBO, without, would be $1,000 and a little bit of time to find some NA headlights to put in.

If anyones interested, let me know, reply, email me ( JZProwler@comcast.net ) send me and IM ( JZProwler ) or whatnot. This car needs to be gone ASAP so I can get something else..well, ASAP.

front.jpg

back.jpg

cleannorwood.jpg

IMG002.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back