Follow my MAM SS kit install

bazooka joe said:
i shouldn't change them out unless i'm having issues though...?
yeah, don't mess with it. Linux and I have probably removed and replaced the exhaust manifold a couple times at least.

THEGOLDPRO said:
what psi were you running when you pulled 130 whp???
5 psi. I am losing out on a bit of power because i am maxing out my injectors. I can't seem to get any more fuel in there past 4500 rpm to even out my air/fuel ratios. I start getting pretty lean.

snowboards_20 said:
can you run the car stock after you put a turbo in or do you need something to change the air and fuel

You'd need premium gas. Unless you're asking if you can take a turbo back off again, which is yes. Just because you have a turbo doesn't mean it's always spooling, btw.

nah. basically what you do is buy your turbo, and tap into the valve cover. mount the turbo to the valve cover, and then add n0s and your set

Once the turbo is in, you need an engine controller of some sort to control the fuel and ignition in response to the amount of air going into the engine because of the turbo. This controller is called an engine management system. It's a rather complex system.

glyph said:
5 psi. I am losing out on a bit of power because i am maxing out my injectors. I can't seem to get any more fuel in there past 4500 rpm to even out my air/fuel ratios. I start getting pretty lean.

Have you logged your injector duty cycle?

LinuxRacr said:
Have you logged your injector duty cycle?
you mean actually run the data log function with the haltech? Not recently. But when tuning after the initial install, when I got it to 130hp, around 4500rpm it was obvious that the fuel increases were making ZERO difference on the AFR curve on the dyno. That is a good question, however, and the next drive I make, I will do so. Unfortunately, I just haven't had time to sit down and give the car some tender loving care that it needs to finish this.

Too many work/house tasks getting in the way.

Btw, Linux, when you had your cold start issues, what exactly was happening when it didn't start? I am having cold start issues, and I want to see if it is similar to yours. Can you give me a description of what would happen when you would start it cold?

I just got my car back after getting the turbo kit install on my protege. I'm running 234 whp and 234 Ft/lbs with 10 psi. The car runs great.

It's been a busy year, new son, now gettiing out of the air force, TDYs, etc, so I haven't been able to get anything done with it. Since Jan. It runs really well, but I still need to fix the exhaust leak issue, again. I was missing a tool and had to button it up without completing the work. But, I have some terminal leave coming up, and the garage cleared out, so the work will be completed soon, properly this time.

Also, I am looking for a person with haltech tuning experience in the area that I can have examine my set up. I'm sure I have something wrong in there, as it's my only tuning job ever.

snowboards_20 said:
I just got my car back after getting the turbo kit install on my protege. I'm running 234 whp and 234 Ft/lbs with 10 psi. The car runs great.

10 psi must be nice nice nice. You put on some good shoes to keep contact?

glyph said:
It's been a busy year, new son, now gettiing out of the air force, TDYs, etc, so I haven't been able to get anything done with it. Since Jan. It runs really well, but I still need to fix the exhaust leak issue, again. I was missing a tool and had to button it up without completing the work. But, I have some terminal leave coming up, and the garage cleared out, so the work will be completed soon, properly this time.

Also, I am looking for a person with haltech tuning experience in the area that I can have examine my set up. I'm sure I have something wrong in there, as it's my only tuning job ever.
well good luck with your return to the real world, lol when i got out i took 81 days of terminal leave, lol that was mint, then i collected unemployment for 6 months when my terminal ended, it was nice. lol so good luck man

81 days of terminal!!?!?! what service is this? the USMC only lets you take a max of 60 at the discretion of the commander. You're lucky to get 45 days. 30 is average.

I am at 50+ days of leave right now, but not sure how much I'll be able to take. There are 8 of us total all in the same year group, so it's a big bite out of the qualified and experience crew force in my squadron. Weird that the AF did it this way, but sure as hell is working out for me! Now if I can some how get my insanely incompetent MPF to actually work for me...

Goldpro: you sold your pro?!

Back