Foggy window's?

Dream

Ever since I picked up my 08 MS3, I have noticed that all the window's fog up really easy, it's very annoying. Anybody else have this issue? I thinking maybe they need a good wash and some rain-x anti-fog stuff. I have only put about 200 miles on the car and its driving me nuts! (bang)

mine has done that since I got it, at 50 degrees an lower or anytime of year at night. just rolled 50k miles and dealt with it ever since...
the only thing thats helped has been to clean em inside an out with an automotive glass cleaner, most will help moisture bead somewhat. but in all its just a pain

I have a 2008 MS3 and i felt the same way as you did. It did seem to fog up alot more than my previous vehicle. Just turn on the air so you get some circulation.

I usually have the vents going, but I try to leave the a/c off. Going to get some rain-x anti-fog after work to see if that helps a little bit.

welcome to my nightmare. the interior ones aren't that bad but the side view hold moisture on them for so long i rarely can see out of them. IT s super annoying for me. I dont see why they didn't make heated mirrors as an option since the base 3's have them.

PS: let me know when all your squeaks and rattles start up...............

welcome to my nightmare. the interior ones aren't that bad but the side view hold moisture on them for so long i rarely can see out of them. IT s super annoying for me. I dont see why they didn't make heated mirrors as an option since the base 3's have them.

PS: let me know when all your squeaks and rattles start up...............
LMAO! (humpleg) I didnt wanna tell him, but now that you said it. Man this car is EXACTLY what you pay for. Great power and what not, but boy oh boy did they skimp on some stuff!

I just picked up some anti-fog gel from the local auto store, ill put it on tomorrow night and see how it works. Other than that, I really like this car. I can deal with a few rattles here and there, you have to expect that with a car in this price range.

I use the A/C when its cold out usually with windows up (just have it on auto mode) and never really have a problem with fogging. I'm in FL

Anyone have problems with tons of moister on the inside, i mean on cold days I could scrape hte inside of my windshield off.

Any tips for fixing?

use the a/c when defrosting as it helps to pull moisture out of the air (causes the fogging). The rain-x anti-fog is good too

i just keep my climate control on full auto all time and haven't had the windows for up once yet!

You might just need to stop going a little wild with the Girlfriend in the car and the windows would stop fogging up. Just kidding! (spin)
I have only had a recent issue with my windows fogging here in Texas when I stop at a light, late in the evening (11PM-4AM) with all of this "Cool" weather we have been having so I would recommend just trying your back Defroster and Windshield one. :D I hope you get seeing clearer soon!

I dont see why they didn't make heated mirrors as an option since the base 3's have them.

You can add heated mirrors for about $80 if you can run a few wires, or $200 for a full mirror replacement.

use the a/c when defrosting as it helps to pull moisture out of the air (causes the fogging). The rain-x anti-fog is good too

With the vent dial anywhere from full foot (straight up) to the right (defrost) the A/C is automatically on. The light doesn't light up but it is on.

You can add heated mirrors for about $80 if you can run a few wires, or $200 for a full mirror replacement.

With the vent dial anywhere from full foot (straight up) to the right (defrost) the A/C is automatically on. The light doesn't light up but it is on.

Are you sure about that? You can hear when the a/c kicks on and when I put it on defrost if definetly does not kick on. Only when the a/c light is on....

If the a/c light is on and im blasting out heat instead does that mean my air filter is being used and getting all dirty for nothing?

Back