Fog light mod

P5Rydah

:
02 Midnht Blue P5
I want to black out my fogs, can you do the same process as you do for the headlights, or do you have to do an overlay?

Overlay. from bluebatmobile, laminx, blah blah..

you could use certain paint.. but i would figure the overlay is better. my friend sprayed his BMW fogs with paint and they are chipping.

im pretty sure the fog doesnt have a chrome bezel inside it like the headlights do that you can paint. more likely youll have to go to overlay route unless you want to tint the outside with some spray like people do for the tails and side markers

won't spray or overlays reduce light output? Guess I could do a light coat of spray if i decide to go for it.

yes.. it will reduce light output.... but if you want to "black them out" you have no other option. Like reut1 said, there is no bezel to paint inside the fog

I have rock blocker film on my fogs and I can tell you it is not as easily reversible as it seems. to correctly paint them, it is going to cost some money. to paint with off the shelf stuff, it should cost about 20 bucks.

either way is about the same. if you paint them, prep them correctly and use an adhesion promoter. otherwise, you are just wasting your time.

This thread is old. I got rid of the fogs a few weeks after I started it and got a msp lip.

Back