FMIC size

fsd_619

:
2008 MazdaSpeed3GT
Im pretty sure theres a thread about this but i suffer from lazyness lol. but im looking for a new intercooler nothing wrong with mine, Im currently running a precision turbo IC(and its great).but it doesnt fill up the whole front bumper lower grill how i want it too. for example mine looks like this right now
Photo0006-1.jpg

This is what i want lol
FMIC_installed_.jpg

I do not want such a big intercooler thats its just going to be overkill..If anyone knows the dimensions it would be much help. Thanks in advance!

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...e-fmic-ftw!(pics-and-sound-clip-of-forge-bpv) this is what you want? I dont know the dimensions of the turbolife fmics off the top of my head. I would try to find a used one of those but good luck. I think your next best bet would be a corksport. thats what i was going to get until I found a turbolife.
http://www.corksport.com/02-03-5-mazdaspeed-protege/msp-other-engine-parts-and-power-mods/?sl=EN
crossover has a couple as well
http://***********************/mazdaspeed.htm

That turbolife is sick but my pockets say hell no lol...i can figure that out thank you bro

I hear ya on that.. keep an eye out for a used one maybe or crossover has multiple fmics for 450 or less which isnt bad once you sell your old one

i plan on selling the whole fmic for 450 everything including from 2bpv intake couplers pipes etc pretty much out the box ready im even going to include pics of how it goes so theres no confusion

or order direct from the cxracing website...they had great customer service, decently quick shipping, and quality 'diy' parts for very reasonable prices.

Turbolife/ Perrin:
Build%208.JPG

Don't mind all the wires/ stuff thrown about in that pic, It was after I just installed my motor 7 months ago :)

DSC02772.JPG

Rob

Check my old posts I posted a bunch of pics of mine along with a the sizes. It's a CXracing core smallest size. perfect fit.
I'm not a fan of the Turbolife/Perrin only because it eliminates the front crash bar. This spring I'm rerouting the hot pipe similar to the turbolife. The only reason that's possible is because I have a clocked turbo facing down.My hot pipe will only be about a foot or so then

Last edited by a moderator:
I found one i like its a turbonetics its 24''x7.9''x3.5...i have to cut my reinforcement bar on the website but i really dont want too, the cx racing is 25"x12"x3",
I learned that it doesnt matter how "big" the intercooler is but how "thick" it is lol that didnt sound right

yea you'll have to bring the IC back so the leading edge is behind where the crashbar usually is or you'll have to trim most of the bumper off. Mine is 27*7*2.5 and I didn't cut the crash bar at all but it hangs low and i still had to cut a shitload of bumper...

The only real problem I had was the inlet/ outlet pipes simply because I have fogs. 3.5 shouldn't have that clearence issue. Plus had I bought the offset endtanks instead of the centered ones I could have bypassed this issue as well. Mine is a perfect fit under the crashbar to the bumper. fills the area out perfectly

you'll need something longer than 27 if you really want it to fit the entire length of the opening, the fog light buckets will probably be an issue at anything longer than that though.

I just installed a 27x7x2.5 without cutting my crash brace, I had to trim a little of the point where the 03.5 lip meets the bumper and use longer bolts for two of the lower bumper attachements but it does fit. No real point in going 7 inches tall though since the extra is just stuck behind the lip and it makes it a little more of pain to get stuff back together.

you'll need something longer than 27 if you really want it to fit the entire length of the opening, the fog light buckets will probably be an issue at anything longer than that though.

I just installed a 27x7x2.5 without cutting my crash brace, I had to trim a little of the point where the 03.5 lip meets the bumper and use longer bolts for two of the lower bumper attachements but it does fit. No real point in going 7 inches tall though since the extra is just stuck behind the lip and it makes it a little more of pain to get stuff back together.

When you were in there, did it look like a 3.5 core would fit in there, or would that involve more cutting?

Back