Flav's Mazda Protege5

I hear ya. No one who mods a Midnight blue seems to keep it midnight blue. Simon wrapped his white, and I see others get painted or dipped. If I wasn't such a fan of Midnight Blue, I would probably paint it a metallic Slate Grey

Here is a Titanium Grey P5 (2003.5 MSP color)

100_0926.jpg

I hear ya. No one who mods a Midnight blue seems to keep it midnight blue. Simon wrapped his white, and I see others get painted or dipped. If I wasn't such a fan of Midnight Blue, I would probably paint it a metallic Slate Grey

Here is a Titanium Grey P5 (2003.5 MSP color)

100_0926.jpg

WTF whose car is that? That's almost the exact color I'd like mine to look like -.-

And as for the midnight blue, don't get me wrong. I love midnight blue also however; I do hate the color it seems to turn in direct sunlight (almost purple-ish)

I also love that muffler.. brand?

I don't know squat about the car. Came across it by accident. Often times, car colors will have 5-6 variantions depending on region. Some colors are darker/brighter, some have more/less metallic. My blue gets brighter in the sunlight. You may want to tweak your paint. Bikingpro5 Added more pearl to his paint when he repainted and it looks amazing

Super old photos, but you get the point

j02zfwtflm8DB.jpg

jbui8oVuBNVS9Z.jpg

j0kA4IKKGR2fS.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know squat about the car. Came across it by accident. Often times, car colors with have 5-6 variantions depending on region. Some colors are darker/brighter, some have more/less metallic. My blue gets brighter in the sunlight. You may want to tweak your paint. Bikingpro5 Added more pearl to his paint when he repainted and it looks amazing

Super old photos, but you get the point

More pearl and removed some of the purple that is in the factory code. (I never bought a Midnight blue P5 because i hate the purple effect also)

just remember if you remove the keyhole in that trim piece to also remove all of the parts in the door that connect that lock to the keyhole. you also have to cover some holes in the actual metal door for noise(least I did). also if you ever have something in the hatch and cannot use the power door locks you cannot easily get into the locked hatch

Last edited:
I've noticed all local P5's are very purple. I don't know why mine isn't. My car was originally import to Oakland California, maybe that location's color was different. If mine were purple, I would want to change it too

Alright, here's my awful picture of the hatch actually on the car with the Evil M (Instagram pic, sorry lol)

1014364_10151473968577201_1817430347_n.jpg

So, yep.. I'll be filling in that key hole for sure...
Probably get around to that when I decide to redo the hood (lots of bad stone chips on it..)

Also, if you ARE on Instagram, feel free to search me up "fps_flav"
i kinda like ur M it looks pretty good flav... heres mine
CAM00087.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If you are looking for plug-and-play, whatever you buy needs to come with the correct alignment ring, whether it be H4 for sedan lights, or H7 for P5 lights. Also, don't go above 5000k for HIDs in projectors, anything over that is loss of light and not worth it. I suggest saving a little bit more cash and getting projectors from http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and the lights from DDM. TRS usually has seconds for sale on their site or on ebay, just make sure you get the right rings.

If you are looking for plug-and-play, whatever you buy needs to come with the correct alignment ring, whether it be H4 for sedan lights, or H7 for P5 lights. Also, don't go above 5000k for HIDs in projectors, anything over that is loss of light and not worth it. I suggest saving a little bit more cash and getting projectors from http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and the lights from DDM. TRS usually has seconds for sale on their site or on ebay, just make sure you get the right rings.

I think I may take the plunge and be the test dummy for these, or keep searching for something else. They seem to be compatible with the P5's though..
And thank you for the tip on the 6K's! :)

Looking to change my head gasket/timing belt within the next few weeks when I get some free time. Anyone have any tips or tricks for when I do this?
I haven't done this before personally myself...but I will be working with a friend of mine who is very mechanically inclined.. but I would like to know a thing or two before going in on this job with him so I don't look like a 100% noob ;)

I was also thinking while I have most of the engine apart for that job I was considering changing out the cams for something with a little more, power.
Any recommendations? Also Is it possible to only have say for example: just the intake cam changed out for something other then stock? Or would I have to change out both?

Also, Rico if you are reading this..you bastard...you beat me to that intake cam that was for sale -.- lol!

I wouldnt worry too much bout rico beating u to the cam... with his track record he'd be selling it again soon anyways lol j/k rico

Okay, for the sake of my sanity. Could someone point me in the right direction for some front brakes? I can't remember what the crowd favorite was. I wanna say its the hawkpad's and just OEM brembo disks, but I'm not 100% sure. Was also thinking of maybe doing the Mazda6 upgrade in the front.. but I heard it's not really all that worth doing on our car's. Let me know your preferences :)

Here's the best looking kit I could find. IMO

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Back