First CX-90 problem...Liftgate is stuck

I hold the button to open the rear liftgate and nothing happens. It is stuck shut. The light on the dash says it is open or ajar. All doors are unlocked. Tried several locking and unlocking cycles. The inside button doesn't do anything either. Neither does the handle in the rear. The only thing in the owners manual about this says it happens with a dead battery, but that is not the case here. Key battery is good, since doors lock and unlock.

Ideas? I haven't tried the manual unlock switch inside. But I don't think it's locked anyway. Just stuck.

I can open it with the interior manual lever. I can see daylight from inside when the liftgate is "shut" so the issue is that it is not closing completely. Headed to the Mazda dealer service bay now.

Did you check the fuse? Not sure if the CX-90 behaves the same as the CX-9 when it has this problem, but when I have blown the liftgate fuse on my CX-9, pressing the button to open the liftgate results in three quick beeps from the car and that's it. Is the same thing happening with yours?

Latest posts

Back