FACELIFTED CX Range (7 & 9)

No direct injection engine I was hoping for.
Overall, I like the interior update than the exterior.

Nice interior refinements, but nothing that makes me regret getting a 2009 at a great price. I really like the 2010 steering wheel control redesign - much more intuitive and better placed buttons. Looks like the outside temp will still require a button press, for those that have an issue with that. I do still prefer the 2009 exterior.

Nice interior refinements, but nothing that makes me regret getting a 2009 at a great price. I really like the 2010 steering wheel control redesign - much more intuitive and better placed buttons. Looks like the outside temp will still require a button press, for those that have an issue with that. I do still prefer the 2009 exterior.

2009 exterior with a 2010 interior = priceless

I wonder if the armrest can be replaced.
I love the 2010 one (split). Easier to use.

Very subtle updates. So subtle, I think only CX-9 owners or Mazda lovers will notice the difference.

I wonder if the armrest can be replaced.
I love the 2010 one (split). Easier to use.

Yeah, I also wonder if there has been any increase in storage space in the center or the glove box. I know it helps keep things less cluttered and from collecting junk, but when you have two young kids, you need the space for napkins, gum/candy to keep them quite, and other stuff in case of emergency cleanup. The owners manual takes up most of the glove box, so there just isn't much space - pretty much my only real gripe with the interior so far. I guess if I didn't have little kids it wouldn't be a big deal. Then again, I suppose I could have gotten a minivan if I needed the cubbie storage (blarf).

Why leave it in there? How often do you refer to it? I moved mine to the under floor tray in back.

Good idea, but where is the under floor tray you are referring to? Is it all the way in the very back behind the third row? My wife mainly drives the car and I haven't really dug into finding any rear storage compartments. Either way, thanks for the tip. I'll look for it when I get a few minutes.

My GT does not have Bose audio,so i have an extra partioned tray to the left of the main tray. The subwoofer would sit there if Bose equipped.

I put some of that tacky,foam shelf lining down in the trays to keep stuff from sliding around. Never here a peep out of there.

Nuzy, there are also 2 hidden cubbies to the left and right of the rear cargo tray. I suggest at least a quick scan of the manual before putting it away.:)

Last edited:
Looks about the same to me other than a smiley face and split arm rest. I guess that means they got it right the first time! My only regret so far is that I could have paid several thousand less if I had known the auto market was going to tank. Where is that crystal ball???

My GT does not have Bose audio,so i have an extra partioned tray to the left of the main tray. The subwoofer would sit there if Bose equipped.

I put some of that tacky,foam shelf lining down in the trays to keep stuff from sliding around. Never here a peep out of there.

Nuzy, there are also 2 hidden cubbies to the left and right of the rear cargo tray. I suggest at least a quick scan of the manual before putting it away.:)

Yeah - I'll take a look. Thanks for not being ignorant to me about not reading the manual before asking a question. I have read it, but just got a little lazy about going back and checking in there since it's kind of large. Generally speaking, I'll always search or read the manual first. Sometimes it's a little more convenient to ask here first. I'll check it out.

I like the 2010 Cx-9 interior updates but I am glad I got the 2009 model. The 2010 facelift is way too dramatic and not to my taste.

For the CX-7, I actually like both exterior and interior updates except that they move the navigation into the dash like the 2010 Mazda 3.

Back